Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2021 Entry: Interview Process for Med and Dent Schools

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Seems easier to have this information collated in a single thread - I will update it whenever further information comes to light. Please inform me if you have more up to date info so I can update the thread.

MEDICINE

Monash

Applicants will be invited (via email) to attend the MMI which, depending on government restrictions at the time, will be either face to face or online. Only a set number of applicants will be invited for an interview and this selection will be based on a ranking of their UCAT and aggregate score.

Adelaide
Updated 9/9 - interviews to be held via Zoom. See post below by kotoloper.

UWA
Be aware that should the COVID19 situation develop such that we are unable to carry out interviews it is possible that results from the Situational Judgement section of UCAT ANZ may be used as part of the selection process. Applicants will be kept informed by the FHMS Admissions team should any changes become necessary.

USYD

This link includes "Online assessment day" in the timeline.

UQ
Due to the restrictions in place to control the COVID-19 pandemic, the following cohort of applicants will complete their interviews for 2021 entry via videoconferencing:

• All international applicants for the graduate entry program
  • All domestic applicants for the graduate entry program
  • All UQ-Ochsner applicants
A decision has not yet been made on the format of Provisional Entry interviews scheduled for November. This decision will be made in the coming months.

JCU
Updated 12/9 - interviews to either be held in-person on the Townsville campus or online. See below post.

JMP
Interviews will not be conducted at an alternative location, via telephone, via teleconference or outside the set periods.

WSU
UPDATED 20/8
The Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) is still an entry requirement for the MD in 2021 however due to the restrictions in place to control the COVID-19 pandemic, all domestic General and REAS applicants will complete their interviews for 2021 entry via videoconferencing.

The interview structure will remain the same in that each applicant will participate in a series of different 'stations'.

UNSW
Doesn't appear to have been updated recently:
If you’re shortlisted, you must be available to attend an interview in Sydney in person during the interview period, which is listed in Important Dates. Applicants who can’t attend their interview won’t progress further.
UNSW is continuing to review and monitor the COVID-19 situation and updating students, staff, partners and visitors as new information comes to light.

Testing for UCAT ANZ in 2020 is expected to proceed as normal. Applicants are advised to register as normal by the deadline May 11 2020 and UCAT ANZ will advise candidates of any changes.

Curtin
Not sure when the admissions guide was last updated.
All interviews will be conducted in person at the Curtin Medical School. Applicants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements.

DENTISTRY

CSU

Probably hasn't been updated recently.
* Interviews are held over 5 consecutive days in late November on the Orange campus with applicants required to attend the interview in person.

Adelaide
Updated 9/9 - interviews to be held via Zoom. See post below by kotoloper.

UWA
As per medicine.

Last edited:

r1ckworthy

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU
Hey Crow, JCU says it is going to do interviews either online or in person at Townsville! I got this information from the course information pdf- below is the screenshot of the specific bit :)
6147975E-B25E-4F14-AAE3-2FE6E9DFA6F9.jpeg

walaili

i can't seem to find it on the website, but does unsw dent med have a 'minimum of 50% NSW school leavers' as in kotoloper's post about the UoA minimum? Any idea where i can find this?

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
i can't seem to find it on the website, but does unsw dent have a 'minimum of 50% NSW school leavers' as in kotoloper's post about the UoA minimum? Any idea where i can find this?
No they do not, UNSW treats interestaters and locals the same in terms of cutoff, but they do interview interstaters later than the locals.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads