Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

3 and 4 year fees

alk0017

Lurker
Hi guys,

I am currently studying my BSc at Monash University in Victoria. I am also a New Zealand citizen, which yes, means that I'm paying my fees up-front. I am not eligible for HECS, or any form of governmental loan. However, I do pay domestic fees and not international. I have 2 questions:

1. Can you complete the 3 year component the degree. Then take a year or two break to work and save for the 125k loan that needs to be paid upfront, then resume the 2 year diploma after? Or does one have to complete the full 5 years straight, that is, no break in between?

2. If the answer to the above is no, then, if i get a say a 6.9-7gpa this year (2014), can I leave uni then work for couple of years (2015-2016), then apply for dentistry in 2016 or 2017? Or do you have to apply straight away upon leaving BSc and are not allowed to have a break in-between leaving and staring dentistry?

I know its best that i call the school myself, but It would be good maybe to get some answers, and possibly some advice, from people who are in the course (seriously sometimes students know more about the course than the course advisers) and other students who are in similar situations.

Thanks.

l2009

Taken from the website ...

"Students who wish to delay entry into the Graduate Diploma may do so for no more than one year. Students who delay entry cannot be guaranteed a place in the Graduate Diploma of Dentistry. Entry will be subject to available dental operatories (dental chairs) and to passing a clinical and written examination."

As for question 2 - I'm not too sure, sorry.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads