Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

6.75 core gpa

what are my chances of getting into med now :( i have an outstanding supplementary application but i don't know if thats going to help

Kiwiology

MSO Lawyer
I presume because you are using the term "core GPA" you have completed First Year BSc Biomed/BHSc at Auckland?

You do meet the 6.0 minimum threshold to be considered for an interview (and I heard at careers day this year 6.0 or 6.5 core GPA was "good enough" to get an interview which I was surprised to hear). Have you been offered an interview?

The lowest GPA to get in I've heard of is 7.5 from memory; have a look on the previous offer threads so in practical reality I'd be seriously considering a Plan B because it is probably very unlikely however who knows ....

Rob

House Officer
Emeritus Staff
Last year the cutoff was 6.75. It might remain the same this year, but its hard to say - the cohort did seem to perform pretty well in CHEM and POPLHLTH. Are you applying through MAPAS/RRAS?

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Hi,

So, I am assuming this is for Auckland application since @riekomckenzie has been posting in the Auckland thread? If so, I am going to move this to the NZ forum/merge it with the 2016 thread. Could you confirm this, please.

Cheers.

Kiwiology

MSO Lawyer
Last year the cutoff was 6.75. It might remain the same this year, but its hard to say - the cohort did seem to perform pretty well in CHEM and POPLHLTH. Are you applying through MAPAS/RRAS?

The nice lady at FMHS told me last year the cut off (she didn't mention what it was) was the lowest ever since Auckland changed from offering entry directly from high school in 2003.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads