97 ATAR any chance for med?

Discussion in 'Interviews' started by qwerty1234, Dec 14, 2017.

1. qwerty1234

qwerty1234 New Member

Just got my HSC results today and they weren't that great. I'm looking at a 97 ATAR. I got a 96 percentile in the UMAT and I've only had an interview with Adelaide so far. Is there any chance that I'd get an interview elsewhere with that ATAR or if I did well in my interview at Adelaide, is there any chance I'd get in there despite my atar?

Heles likes this.
  2. Panda111

Panda111 WSU MD I

First off, congratulations!
    If you got an interview offer this mean that you definitely do have a chance of getting in! So please don't lose hope or anything
    You may not think this but 97 is actually quite a high atar and with yout umat+atar combination it IS POSSIBLE for you to receive interviews/offers from more unis
    Also, your atar may surprise you and be higher! ATAR Calculators aren't all that accurate mate :)

Cookie likes this.
  3. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    There's UNSW Monash UWA Curtin to come and I don't see 97/96% getting an interview there (maybe a small chance with Curtin). On brighter side did you do a LOTE or Maths C equivalent, that would raise you to Rank 99 and 96%ile will get you at least a bonded place at UQ, possibly unbonded even.

whatIsMed and Heles like this.