Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Introduction A long time guest lurker does an intro!

BoarVessel

Valued Member
Hello there!

I'm an international student from India applying for the 2021 intake. I have completed my grade 12 under the Indian Board of Education (C.B.S.E.), gave my IELTS (8.5 bands) and the ISAT (87 overall percentile).

I have already received offers from UTAS and Griffith for medicine, botched my Flinders interview :/ (it was 4AM and my brain froze) but still have to give CASPer test for UWA (they canceled international interviews due to COVID-19 and introduced this)

That out of the way, I personally enjoy feeding and playing with the street dogs and cats here, FromSoftware games (Praise the Sun!), obligatory Star Wars references, causal history and encyclopaedia reading, and just recently picked up the Rubik's cube. PM me if any questions.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Welcome!

Crow is at Griffith, and I am at UTAS, and both of us have posted pretty detailed info about the respective courses if you're still in the deciding phase. A1 is at UWA, so could probably answer some questions if you have any :D Feel free to post in the relevant Uni's forum page if so.

I'm also interested, more generally, in what (if any) factors relating to the current pandemic are weighing on the minds of incoming International students. If you're happy to share!

BoarVessel

Valued Member
I'm also interested, more generally, in what (if any) factors relating to the current pandemic are weighing on the minds of incoming International students. If you're happy to share!

I personally am not THAT concerned about the pandemis' affects on my degree as the start is way off still. However, if (hopefully not) the pandemic doesn't subside by the start of the course, for a few months I would be open to online classes. After all, I and I guess most people here have waited and worked many years for this, what's another few months for our own and everyones safety. Again these our my personal views idk about others.

I will be ready to quarantine if the government requires so or/and testing. Me and my family (they are doctors) talk about this pandemic and really its amazing how much it has spread and yet how little we know. Another thing I wonder is that since this pandemic has put pressure on both medics and international travellers to push for reform, what will Australia's government reaction be to us (both in training medics and international travellers)

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads