Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Medicine: Gold Coast Accommodation

Hey Guys!

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this sort of thing but I was wondering what people's opinions were on commuting from Brisbane to the Gold Coast whilst doing the MD.

I'm currently a first-year MD student at Griffith and like all my other BMedSci friends from Nathan I move to the Gold Coast, but honestly, I'm hating living at the Gold Coast!

My roommates are two of my closest friends and I really love them and we have had no disputes whatsoever, but I find it very stressful to live with two other Med Students and most of all I miss my family and I find that I am only living down at the Gold Coast for 3 days of the week anyways!

I live an hour away from Griffith Gold Coast in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, so I'm thinking about moving back home for the second half of the year.

For anyone who did the commute or knows of anyone else's experience who did the commute, any insight if this is a good decision to move back home would be appreciated!

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hey Guys!

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this sort of thing but I was wondering what people's opinions were on commuting from Brisbane to the Gold Coast whilst doing the MD.

I'm currently a first-year MD student at Griffith and like all my other BMedSci friends from Nathan I move to the Gold Coast, but honestly, I'm hating living at the Gold Coast!

My roommates are two of my closest friends and I really love them and we have had no disputes whatsoever, but I find it very stressful to live with two other Med Students and most of all I miss my family and I find that I am only living down at the Gold Coast for 3 days of the week anyways!

I live an hour away from Griffith Gold Coast in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, so I'm thinking about moving back home for the second half of the year.

For anyone who did the commute or knows of anyone else's experience who did the commute, any insight if this is a good decision to move back home would be appreciated!

Definitely do-able in the preclinical years, and you could preference Logan/QEII/Wesley in clinical years if you wanted to stay in Brisbane. As long as you can handle the associated fatigue with some extra travel time.

imnobody

Looking to moving to Gold Coast in 2024. What accommodation options are there. I prefer to live in a 1 bed place by myself, for privacy reasons and don't mind living slightly further away and taking a commute. I've done some research and so far I've only found GUV (horrible reviews online) and smith collective ($570 p/w on rent which is insane). Is there any other places that have 1 bed studios/ flats/apartments with maybe public transport nearby to get to the GC campus?

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads