• UCAT results are out! Just kidding, I'm just testing the notices system. Cheers, Mana

Adelaide Adelaide Dentistry 2019

Eric_S

Any update anyone? Would there be more offers for international students? My final result only came out last friday from foundation course.

KuroShion

UAdel BDS I Hardcore Foodie
At this point of time, there doesn't seem to be additional news, except that clinic and tutorial enrolments for BDS have began yesterday (not sure if this even helps). I haven't heard any news from those around me for quite some time either. Best thing to do is email askadelaide to enquire about this.

Jackkkkk12345

It says that they are going to accept 37 international offers on their 2019 guildlines! So I think that this is a good sign since I don’t think they have sent 37 offers yet

KuroShion

It says that they are going to accept 37 international offers on their 2019 guildlines! So I think that this is a good sign since I don’t think they have sent 37 offers yet
Schools traditionally tend to send out more offers than places available as there will always be people who will decline their offers. Adelaide might have already sent out more than the allocated slots but there's people who declined and if there's many people who declined, there can be slots left and more offers can then be sent to others. Let's hope there's still people who will decline their offer.

Leviathan12

Schools traditionally tend to send out more offers than places available as there will always be people who will decline their offers. Adelaide might have already sent out more than the allocated slots but there's people who declined and if there's many people who declined, there can be slots left and more offers can then be sent to others. Let's hope there's still people who will decline their offer.
Kuro, may I know what does your SATAC says currently? Is it still "assessment in progress"?

KuroShion

Hey! Anyone got any news from Adelaide dentistry? Is the quota actually filled up? Cos i’m Still waiting for an offer :(
I still haven’t gotten anything useful from those around me... well you could email start@adelaide to enquire, they’ve got ways to find out.

KuroShion

Hang in there, as long as you haven’t gotten an official rejection notification, there’s still possibility cos you are still on the waitlist.

KuroShion

A little bit of update here: I currently count 20+ people who have selected their clinic slots.... since domestic offers are probably not quite out yet (unsure) I think it can be assumed that there’s at least 20+ places taken so far? There’s usually a clearance round in January so we may just see more offers going out then.

Jackkkkk12345

A little bit of update here: I currently count 20+ people who have selected their clinic slots.... since domestic offers are probably not quite out yet (unsure) I think it can be assumed that there’s at least 20+ places taken so far? There’s usually a clearance round in January so we may just see more offers going out then.
Thanks so much for the update but isn’t the first round of offers for the domistic students went out on Dec 15? And what do you mean by clearance?

1234med

Must include people who have deferred. My friend deferred and has enrolled. So take a few away from those 20+ people.

KuroShion

Thanks so much for the update but isn’t the first round of offers for the domistic students went out on Dec 15? And what do you mean by clearance?
That’s why I said I’m unsure about the domestic timeline. This 20+ count has been stagnant for quite some time which is why I think the domestics may not have gotten them yet. Cos there’s usually a flood if the entire cohort all went on to book slots. Clearance of basically the remaining slots aka last official offer round.

KuroShion

Must include people who have deferred. My friend deferred and has enrolled. So take a few away from those 20+ people.
Wow that would mean the actual number is higher cos those who deferred are enrolled but I don’t think they have selected any clinic slots for 2019 semester 1 (which is what I counted here)

1234med

No domestic offers released yet. According to my friend, who is domestic, offers come out mid Jan then into late Jan and early Feb etc.

She said her friends who got offers later than mid Jan i.e. even late Jan had trouble enrolling into classes.

1234med

Wow that would mean the actual number is higher cos those who deferred are enrolled but I don’t think they have selected any clinic slots for 2019 semester 1 (which is what I counted here)
Sorry... I'm talking about the wrong course. Just saw you are in BDS not MBBS.

KuroShion

No domestic offers released yet. According to my friend, who is domestic, offers come out mid Jan then into late Jan and early Feb etc.

She said her friends who got offers later than mid Jan i.e. even late Jan had trouble enrolling into classes.
Ooh I do see why that can happen as there’s 2 different times for clinic and tutorial each. As of now, there’s obvious preference for certain times and that choice can disappear once the quota is filled for the preferred times.