Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide Adelaide Dentistry 2019

AndHan19

Hello,

Their website says they will be sending offer's late October to February to international students. If you receive an offer, can you please update this thread so we know. This will help people like me who are waiting to hear from Adelaide before accepting another offer.

Thanks much!

KuroShion

UAdel BDS I Hardcore Foodie
Heyoz! I got my offer on 16 Oct. As far as I have heard from the rest of my gang, 2nd round offers had been sent/ are being sent out now.

If you are wondering, offers are out much earlier this year for some unknown reason.... o_O

Still waiting for my offer :(
Just wondering what time did you receive the email ( in Canada’s time) and also where are you from Canada?!

KuroShion

Thanks! I got mine just few ours ago.

Congrats! If you accept your offer then see you next year!

If you haven't received your offer, don't fret too much, it's not uncommon to receive news much later in the year (cos some people are bound to drop their accepted place due to other choices)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I’m from Singapore and am still waiting for an offer for BDS at Adelaide. just wondering how did you get to know the news of your acceptance? Did they e-mail you or did you know it through your agent (if you have one). Thank you!

KuroShion

Hello, I’m from Singapore and am still waiting for an offer for BDS at Adelaide. just wondering how did you get to know the news of your acceptance? Did they e-mail you or did you know it through your agent (if you have one). Thank you!

Email! They will email you the offer document along with instructions for all the logistical things you have to submit to reserve your place (declaration, passport etc etc)

I didn't book through an agent so idk about that but they should forward you the moment they get it (via email too). I happen to be from SG too just that I'm now based in Adelaide.

AndHan19

Email directly from Uni and another email through my agent.

Congrats! If you accept your offer then see you next year!

Thanks! I have another offer from Griffith so I haven't decided yet. It is killing me! Adelaide is way more expensive than Griffith but it is also ranked higher. Not sure what to do. I have to decide in 4 days!

KuroShion

Thanks! I have another offer from Griffith so I haven't decided yet. It is killing me! Adelaide is way more expensive than Griffith but it is also ranked higher. Not sure what to do. I have to decide in 4 days!

Unfortunately I can't give an answer to that... never studied in Griffith before. Personally I would recommend choosing the school that teaches in the style you are more comfortable in as it directly affects your learning, your grades which will then affect your subsequent career path. Maybe you can look at course satisfaction feedback from past students too I think there are webs out there that collate this.

Heyy did you decide where you are gonna go?!

KuroShion

Don't lose hope! One of my dent senior's international batch mate (from SG too) got his offer in late December.... took them long enough to send that offer.

D

Deleted member 34945

Hi guys did anyone do a foundation course at Adelaide university and apply to med/Dentistry with the foundation score?

KuroShion

I didn't, but I have a friend who did that. You can go check out UoA's college website, if I didn't remember wrongly you'll need at least 83% for your foundation studies final score to be eligible to apply. Interviews and UMAT/PQA have to be taken as well.

D

Deleted member 34945

I didn't, but I have a friend who did that. You can go check out UoA's college website, if I didn't remember wrongly you'll need at least 83% for your foundation studies final score to be eligible to apply. Interviews and UMAT/PQA have to be taken as well.
Actually I want to apply as a domestic student. But will do foundation as an international student. Can u help me contact ur friend.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Actually I want to apply as a domestic student. But will do foundation as an international student. Can u help me contact ur friend.
If you want to apply as a domestic student to medicine or dentistry, you won't be able to use a foundation course as the basis of your academic score in place of ATAR. You'd need to start a new degree and apply as a non-standard or through graduate entry applicant to be eligible.

KuroShion

Does anyone know when their next round of offers is?!

There is usually a week given before deadline to take up the offer so since AndHan got a 2nd (or 3rd maybe idk) round offer last tuesday and I got mine on 16 Oct a tuesday as well, the next round will probably be next tuesday or today. Fingers crossed!

Yeap, like what was said above, you can only be classified as either domestic or international and can't be both. So you'll probably have to make up your mind on which path you're going to take! I could ask my friend the details but he was in the international pathway through and through.