Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide Adelaide Dentistry 2019

Hello, I just rang Adelaide up and the guy who answered told me that there are a few spots left, and if I don’t hear anything by early feb, my application will most likely be rejected. When I asked him about my chances he said he wasn’t able to disclose it but just said that there might be a possibility? Idk I’m kinda sad right now :( oh and he had to put me on hold to check with the admissions team..
Man... I can relate to your feelings though, I applied for Med and I feel that I won't have a chance now. Did you apply for any other unis, or for other courses?

Hello, I just rang Adelaide up and the guy who answered told me that there are a few spots left, and if I don’t hear anything by early feb, my application will most likely be rejected. When I asked him about my chances he said he wasn’t able to disclose it but just said that there might be a possibility? Idk I’m kinda sad right now :( oh and he had to put me on hold to check with the admissions team..

Did you manage to get any info about the remaining med spots though?

KuroShion

UAdel BDS I Hardcore Foodie

It’s good there’s still a few spots left! That means there’s definitely gonna still be people who will get something. On the bright side, you’ve got a UWA offer, that’s a good place to do dent too. Keep hanging on.

Man... I can relate to your feelings though, I applied for Med and I feel that I won't have a chance now. Did you apply for any other unis, or for other courses?
Hello, I also applied for uwa and I received an offer from uwa. So if Adelaide doesn’t give me an offer most likely I’ll be heading to uwa

It’s good there’s still a few spots left! That means there’s definitely gonna still be people who will get something. On the bright side, you’ve got a UWA offer, that’s a good place to do dent too. Keep hanging on.
Thanks haha. I’m trying to stay as optimistic as I can ~

Last edited by a moderator:

KuroShion

do you get a rejection email after they give out all the places are taken ?

Apparently, they will not, just in case there’s still someone who gives up their place in Feb. But apparently, someone said earlier that it is assumed by Feb, if one hasn’t received anything, it can be taken to be something akin to largely rejected?

KuroShion

Weeeew so that last spot went to you! I saw the number hovering at 74 the past few days..... guess that lucky last spot went to you ;) Congrats bro.

DDest

UAdel BDS III
Hi everyone!!!

Congrats on your offers!

A few classmates and I have created a group for people starting dentistry at the University of Adelaide in 2019, to help you guys mingle and get to know each other before uni actually starts! (really helped me to get to adjust to moving interstate :)!)

Here's the link: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Feel free to add people and post questions about anything!

DDest

PositiveIntent

DDest's Best Mate
Hi everyone!!!

Congrats on your offers!

A few classmates and I have created a group for people starting dentistry at the University of Adelaide in 2019, to help you guys mingle and get to know each other before uni actually starts! (really helped me to get to adjust to moving interstate :)!)

Here's the link: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Feel free to add people and post questions about anything!

DDest

Waow. What a legend. Looking forward to meeting you freshers :)

PositiveIntent

DDest's Best Mate
Ooh I do see why that can happen as there’s 2 different times for clinic and tutorial each. As of now, there’s obvious preference for certain times and that choice can disappear once the quota is filled for the preferred times.

Just letting you know, clinic and tutorial times are randomised. You do not get the slot that you select in enrolment. Unless they change it this year.

KuroShion

Thank you so much DDest :yay:
Ahhh what a bummer, I thought I chose the 11am tutorial and could get away with sleeping at 2am....... :(