Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide Adelaide interview

Sen

Hello everyone, I am an international student and I just got invited to an interview at University of Adelaide MBBS course. I've read some threads and they say I should expect some scenarios where I'll have to make a decision, but they were posted in 2012, so I'm not sure how much I should follow from that thread.
So overall, I was just wondering, would I have to know about the current medical issue and policies and all that, and research on the specifics of Adelaide's medicine course?
or would just preparing to talk about my motivation, and answering those scenarios be enough?
If anyone could provide me with a bit of recent information on what I can expect that would be great!

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
I would certainly be preparing those things that you suggested as well as that suggested in the multitude of interview guides on MSO.

As far as I know the content of the Adelaide international student interview is very similar if not the same as for local applicants so the same rules apply.

Reactions: Sen

Sen

I would certainly be preparing those things that you suggested as well as that suggested in the multitude of interview guides on MSO.

As far as I know the content of the Adelaide international student interview is very similar if not the same as for local applicants so the same rules apply.
Alright thanks heaps, will definitely look into the guides

Morgin

Heya, I took the Med international students interview last year. Just fyi, please make sure that the video and sound quality is optimal before beginning the interview. I didn't make sure of that so I had trouble understanding the interviewer half of the time, and I didn't had a chance to say anything about it because it will eat into my interview time.

The interview is really relaxed; the interviewer just wants to know you more as person. If I remember correctly, these are some of the questions that the interviewer asked:

1. What made you want to do Med? Make sure you have a solid answer for this (which you should already have), because the interviewer will hammer your answer if it seems anyway forced or rehearsed. She basically asked me the question twice because my answer was crap.
2. What made you want to apply to Adelaide specifically? Make sure you research the school, any new facilities (i.e. the new AHMS building) and how the curriculum is like for the first years. Do insert such information into your answers because it shows that you did research and you are really interested in the school, not just the course itself.
3. A scenario question - if i remember correctly, it had something along the line of being in a team and one member of the team is not putting in his/her part and what you would do to resolve and handle the situation. Basically, they want to see if you're a team player.
4. Tell me more about yourself question.

Can't remember anything else because I knew I screwed the interview big time lol.

Message me if you have any further questions.

All the best for your interview!

Sen

Heya, I took the Med international students interview last year. Just fyi, please make sure that the video and sound quality is optimal before beginning the interview. I didn't make sure of that so I had trouble understanding the interviewer half of the time, and I didn't had a chance to say anything about it because it will eat into my interview time.

The interview is really relaxed; the interviewer just wants to know you more as person. If I remember correctly, these are some of the questions that the interviewer asked:

1. What made you want to do Med? Make sure you have a solid answer for this (which you should already have), because the interviewer will hammer your answer if it seems anyway forced or rehearsed. She basically asked me the question twice because my answer was crap.
2. What made you want to apply to Adelaide specifically? Make sure you research the school, any new facilities (i.e. the new AHMS building) and how the curriculum is like for the first years. Do insert such information into your answers because it shows that you did research and you are really interested in the school, not just the course itself.
3. A scenario question - if i remember correctly, it had something along the line of being in a team and one member of the team is not putting in his/her part and what you would do to resolve and handle the situation. Basically, they want to see if you're a team player.
4. Tell me more about yourself question.

Can't remember anything else because I knew I screwed the interview big time lol.

Message me if you have any further questions.

All the best for your interview!
You are amazing. Thanks so much, that really helped a lot!

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi now that ur interview is probably over, would u mind telling me how ur experience was. Also did u have two 15 min panels?

UAdel, I believe, have a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), so you will only be able to get general information, just a heads up.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Maybe for a particular entry round. And interviews won't wrap up until February, 2020.

ETA: Oh, I see what you mean. I didn't notice you were asking a specific person. I know the JMP and WSU NDAs extend beyond the entry round. No idea for Adelaide.