Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide UAdel Medicine: General Discussion

LeSpicyGinger

Flinders MD II
How long are you meant to speak for the scenario?
For the longer ones, so the ones involving you being a government official tasked with dealing with a social issue etc, I can talk about 7-10 minutes

For the shorter ones, those involving personal issues like choosing party or work, I can talk for 3-5 usually.

I don't think Adelaide gives a rough guide or any indication so probably as much as you can without rambling.

JL538

Monash University - BMedSc/MD I
For the longer ones, so the ones involving you being a government official tasked with dealing with a social issue etc, I can talk about 7-10 minutes

For the shorter ones, those involving personal issues like choosing party or work, I can talk for 3-5 usually.

I don't think Adelaide gives a rough guide or any indication so probably as much as you can without rambling.

Jeebus, you got a lot to say! I only go for like 4 mins max :p

Also, I believe for scenario questions, you don't get to choose, but for those issue discussion questions, you usually get a few to choose from right? Otherwise, making up 5 minutes of speech for a topic you're unfamiliar about sounds tough.

LeSpicyGinger

Flinders MD II
Jeebus, you got a lot to say! I only go for like 4 mins max :p

Also, I believe for scenario questions, you don't get to choose, but for those issue discussion questions, you usually get a few to choose from right? Otherwise, making up 5 minutes of speech for a topic you're unfamiliar about sounds tough.
I don't think you get the choose in general. In most cases its not really the topic that's the problem. I repeat a fair lot of stuff between issue scenarios as they all require research reflection blah blah.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Ooh I didn't know NDA lasted longer than for the year! I'll delete then
Most med/dent interview NDAs don’t have an expiry date. There’s a couple of graduate entry unis that have a “blackout” period where the interviewees can discuss questions after all interviews for that year have been completed, but I don’t think any undergraduate entry unis have this in place.

LeSpicyGinger

Flinders MD II
hey guys, does anyone know if adelaide med has a non-graded pass system or is it just a normal grading system?
Disclaimer: Haven't done Adelaide med but am a part time Adelaide Uni student.

There has been a non-graded pass system that was implemented this year for all courses I believe due to COVID but previously the University didn't seem to have one. Adelaide follows the same F, P, C, D, HD system as many unis.

Edit: University seems to have had it for a while. I didn't understand it fully :/

Last edited:

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
hey guys, does anyone know if adelaide med has a non-graded pass system or is it just a normal grading system?
IIRC Adelaide's course is, for the most part, non-graded pass/fail, with the exception of specific units that are graded on the regular 0-7 scale. For example, Biology is graded in Year 1 (everything else is 50% = pass) and anatomy is graded in Year 2 (everything else is 50% = pass). I've attached a screenshot of the Year 1 grading/assessment summary:

Screenshot_20201201-101620~2.png

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
IIRC Adelaide's course is, for the most part, non-graded pass/fail, with the exception of specific units that are graded on the regular 0-7 scale. For example, Biology is graded in Year 1 (everything else is 50% = pass) and anatomy is graded in Year 2 (everything else is 50% = pass). I've attached a screenshot of the Year 1 grading/assessment summary:

View attachment 4194
Yeah that’s right- adl med been non graded pass for a while now. Other exceptions include microbiology and elective in second year. But they did mention that when they transition to the new MD, they’ll likely use a GPA instead of non graded pass.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
They may have been instructed to behave that way, or perhaps they just weren’t overcome with positive emotions after a day of interviews - I wouldn’t read into it too much.

jinjja21

Hi guys
I've skimmed through the collated offers thread and saw that there weren't many offers made to the tertiary transfer / internal transfer applicants for Adelaide medicine. Is the internal transfer pathway through the BHMS sub quota more competitive than the general under grad pathway as they are only offering roughly 10 places through this path?