Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Admissions for undergrad med entry

medhoping

When do admissions for undergrad med entry 2019 begin in Australia? I am doing the IB and will be taking my exams in May 2018. So I won't get my results until July of 2018. Should I apply with my predicted scores?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
When do admissions for undergrad med entry 2019 begin in Australia? I am doing the IB and will be taking my exams in May 2018. So I won't get my results until July of 2018. Should I apply with my predicted scores?

Applications won't close until about September, 2018, so you won't have to use predicted results (though you could, and many students will, as results are not released for Australian students until Dec/Jan). I'm guessing you're an international student?

ETA: gonna grab you some international student specific info, as the dates may well be different for you. Brb :)

Last edited:

medhoping

Yes I am an international student. How long does it take for universities to notify applicants of their acceptance or rejection?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Yes I am an international student. How long does it take for universities to notify applicants of their acceptance or rejection?

I picked UTAS as an example. There appear to be 4 "closing dates" for International Students applying for entry to MBBS.

These range from May - November and have a 'round' attached to them (ie. round 1, round 2...).

If you know which Universities you're planning to apply to, I recommend looking at the dates for each via their respective webpages, just in case they vary considerably.

As for how long they take to get back to you, I don't know the answer to this for International students. Apologies.

medhoping

Thanks a lot. And I am so sorry to bother you again but I cannot find specific dates for international students on the UTAS webpage. Is there a separate section for international students or is it all under the "Application dates"?

A1

Rookie Doc
The unis' usual advice to int'l applicants is apply as early as possible. Since place offers are released progressively the sooner you receive one the more time you have to prepare for the journey. July should be early enough considering Aus students don't get offers until January.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
^^ this. I also looked up UWS, and while I'm sure there are dates somewhere, all I could find was "apply as early as you can".

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads