• MSO wishes the best of luck to all users with upcoming interviews! For those interviewing at universities that do not have applicants sign an NDA, it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me (Crow) a PM with your interview questions to help future users. These will not be shared publicly until all interviews for that university have been completed. Cheers! ETA: Please check out our new Interview Portal!

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Advice for Section 2

For the past month I've been completing past papers (both ACER and ME) and have been consistently receiving percentiles for section 1 around high 70s/low 80s (which I'm moderately happy with, given the relativity of these percentiles).

However, my percentiles for section 2 has gone from averaging mid 90s at the start, to now averaging around high 50s/low 60s. What the hell has happened, and how can I improve on this inconsistency? Would spending more time evaluating answer options in this section help? I am totally lost as to why this is happening.

In last year's UMAT, I received 85 percentile for section 1 and 55 percentile for section 2 - and it seems as if the same pattern is going to repeat itself unless I do something to improve.

On a side note, roughly how many percentile points should I add on to those reported by ME to estimate what I may be looking at in the real thing?