Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

ANU Medicine Via BHealthSci and PhB

naian616

for the written application, is that for the actual bachelor of health science program or something you do to get into the medical program?

Scoobert

melody11

Hi,
I received an offer to study at ANU Bachelor of Health Science and I was wondering how intense the program is and how competitive the entire course is. I can't really see too many reviews on what the course is like, so I would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Thanks!!!

2xq

Allied Health Member
Hi,
I received an offer to study at ANU Bachelor of Health Science and I was wondering how intense the program is and how competitive the entire course is. I can't really see too many reviews on what the course is like, so I would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Thanks!!!
While I can't comment on the intensity of the degree itself, I do want to point out that the cohort is more than likely going to be very competitive. I don't see a reason why people would choose a Bachelor of Health Science other than trying to get into medicine.

munna_mbbs

Hi,

Thanks!!!
Hey melody11
If you don't mind, could you send your answers to the supplementary questions for the ANU Bachelor of Health Science course. Just want to see how you structured it and use it as a sample/guide answer. My email is [email protected]

melody11

hi munna_mbbs!
I don't think I would be allowed to share my answers to the supplementary questions, however I'm happy to give you advice on how to answer the questions:) Just pm me if you need any help!!!

munna_mbbs

hi munna_mbbs!
I don't think I would be allowed to share my answers to the supplementary questions, however I'm happy to give you advice on how to answer the questions:) Just pm me if you need any help!!!
Can you help pls? The application closes next week. I don't know how to ping you or get in touch. Thanks melody11

Same here - early entry recipient, so am also curious to hear from someone in the course. I am wondering whether it's more likely we'll find someone on pagingdr bc they'll be applying post grad?

I'll try making a post there asking the same questions :)
hey Scoobert would you be able to help with the ANU BHealthSci application? I just need help answering one question

hamnasj

Lurker
Hi, I got offered the anu health science. If I have the backup career plan of going into law post grad and taking some law electives as a way to set that foundation, would this degree be better when compared to other most biomedicine/health science degrees considering it will give me much higher chances with 20 places out of 60 as opposed to any other degree.

Hi, I got offered the anu health science. If I have the backup career plan of going into law post grad and taking some law electives as a way to set that foundation, would this degree be better when compared to other most biomedicine/health science degrees considering it will give me much higher chances with 20 places out of 60 as opposed to any other degree.

Sorry this is late but I have some information on this course as I know someone studying it.

In second year, they interview everyone in the course for medicine as a courtesy and offers are made at the end of that year. My friend said that it is an incredibly competitive course as almost all 60 of the students studying the course would like a spot at ANU Med and sometimes the gpa differences between someone who was offered and wasn't offered a spot are small (especially given the fact that the GAMSAT is not a requirement for students taking this pathway). Due to the competitive nature (My friend didn't want to put all his eggs in one basket), he ended up prepping for and sitting the GAMSAT, even though for ANU he didn't need it.

I would argue it's about the same as any other biomed degree offered by universities to encourage you to do med with them.

This article may also be worth a look:https://artofsmart.com.au/health/anu-bachelor-of-health-science-opinion/