Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

ANU Tuckwell Scholarship

yhfg27

Does the ANU Tuckwell Scholarship guarantee you a place in ANU medicine provided you complete the undergraduate at ANU?

Last edited by a moderator:

jelli

As someone who made it to the third stage of Tuckwell, I was told that as long as you maintained a certain mark, you *should* be guaranteed a spot. Definitely do your research though because the program does change- perhaps email them?

yhfg27

on ANU medicine school web site, it says

"Scholars in the Tuckwell-MChD pathway are not required to apply through GEMSAS, sit the GAMSAT or undertake an additional interview prior to entering the MChD program."

does it back up my conception?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
on ANU medicine school web site, it says

"Scholars in the Tuckwell-MChD pathway are not required to apply through GEMSAS, sit the GAMSAT or undertake an additional interview prior to entering the MChD program."

does it back up my conception?
Yes, this means you don’t have to go through the admissions process provided you meet whatever the conditions of your scholarship are. Congrats!

A1

Rookie Doc
as above provided I complete the undergraduate in ANU.

I believe not all Tuckwell scholars are eligible, only the ones who have received a Tuckwell-MChD scholarship
Tuckwell Scholarship.
The Tuckwell Scholarship to Medicine Pathway (Tuckwell-MChD pathway) is limited to successful applicants at the Tuckwell Stage 3 selection interviews. Students are required to have declared upfront an interest in studying medicine in all 3 stages of the Tuckwell application process

yhfg27

Tuckwell only covers undergraduate as far as I know. Does it mean it just cover 3 years undergraduate? If I get into Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, does Tuckwell cover the duration of Doctor of Medicine and Surgery?

A1

Rookie Doc
Tuckwell only covers undergraduate as far as I know. Does it mean it just cover 3 years undergraduate? If I get into Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, does Tuckwell cover the duration of Doctor of Medicine and Surgery?

The webpage says up to 5 years, presumably for combined undergrad degrees like Commerce/Law. I don't think you can split the scholarship into 3 years undergrad + 2 years for MD but call the uni to be sure.

Does anyone here know of any kids who've made it into the ANU Tuckwell-Medicine undergrad scholarship program (As well as their academic results)? From what I've heard from others, they require a considerably high ATAR and have (multiple?) interviews.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
From what I've heard from others, they require a considerably high ATAR and have (multiple?) interviews.
There are 3 stages of the Tuckwell Scholarship selection process: Initial Application, Full Application and Interview (from what I've gathered, a single interview): Applying

WRT ATAR, they have a minimum requirement of 95.0 to apply.

Selection criteria:
Of those successful, only a few are guaranteed a place in ANU medicine (view information here): https://medicalschool.anu.edu.au/files/anu-tuckwell-MChd-pathway-guidelines.pdf

A1

Rookie Doc
Does anyone here know of any kids who've made it into the ANU Tuckwell-Medicine undergrad scholarship program (As well as their academic results)? From what I've heard from others, they require a considerably high ATAR and have (multiple?) interviews.

Tuckwell itself is a scholarship program unrelated to medicine. Application process has three stages: an initial then a detailed application then an interview if invited. I remember reading in a document if you want medicine you must indicate so before the interview stage. Reason being out of the scholarships available only a limited number (I guess 1 or 2) comes with Med. IOW it's challenging enough to get a Tuckwell, more so to get a Tuckwell-Med.

Tuckwell itself is a scholarship program unrelated to medicine. Application process has three stages: an initial then a detailed application then an interview if invited. I remember reading in a document if you want medicine you must indicate so before the interview stage. Reason being out of the scholarships available only a limited number (I guess 1 or 2) comes with Med. IOW it's challenging enough to get a Tuckwell, more so to get a Tuckwell-Med.
Yeah, only three spots. It's too late anyway - deadlines were 28th March.