Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Any LaTrobe dent applicants next year?

Hi all, just thought we should start a thread discussing potential internal transfer/VCE applicants for LaTrobe dent. I don't know anyone else interested in this course! Who else is applying?

I'm also applying. I visited Bendigo the other day from Melbourne and it seemed like an alright place to live and study in.
Do you know whether we should be doing the personal statement or not? The entrance requirements are listed as being a range of conditions which takes into account the ATAR and the personal statement (for some students?).

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Yeah I applied, and did the personal statement. Are Year 12 students supposed to do that?

Yeah I applied, and did the personal statement. Are Year 12 students supposed to do that?

I rung up La Trobe and they weren't too clear on it. Basically I understood it as putting in information that may help you but I was told they don't consider it for Year 12 students or something? As you can see I went nowhere, although maybe you can give it a go and see what they say.

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I just did my personal statement anyway. Will we be at a disadvantage if it was a bad write up/ at an advantage if it was good? Or did i just waste time.. hahah. Just worried mines shit and then it'll affect my application..

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I heard people last year didn't write it though and they got in. Whats the ATAR cut off for domestic school leavers?

I think the lady said it would not disadvantage is but logically if you write a bad personal statement they will be less inclined to give you an offer, especially if it wasn't necessary. What did you write on your statement?

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I think the lady said it would not disadvantage is but logically if you write a bad personal statement they will be less inclined to give you an offer, especially if it wasn't necessary. What did you write on your statement?
I just answered the questions.. they kinda guide you. haha but idk if its bad, if you're writing about your achievements it can't be too bad

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I just made some amendments to the personal statement, do you think its too late? They may have read it already..

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I just got an offer for LaTrobe dentistry 2016! Anyone else beginning next year? Would be cool to get to know a few people beforehand :)
Are you a domestic interstate school leaver? How did you get yours so early?? Congrats tho

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Nope I'm a transfer :) Early first round offers for tertiary transfers/internal transfers are being notified right now. Are you coming from interstate/vce? You'll probably have to wait until January then?
Yeah I have to wait 18 Jan. Haha that's when they're out for us. But la Trobe isn't my first pref

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
What were your other options? I had griffith too, but I'll most likely reject it (IF I get it, that is lol)
Wait what? Options for vtac? Or QTAC?? Griffith is QTAC for me! For vtac I'm putting monash then chancellors scholar. You?

Oh I momentarily forget that admissions systems differ between states. Well good luck! :D Hopefully see you at latrobe if you choose to do it!

alun0722

I just got an offer for LaTrobe dentistry 2016! Anyone else beginning next year? Would be cool to get to know a few people beforehand :)
hi, do you mind sharing your umat score and gpa? I didn't get an early offer although I thought I had a good chance with a 92 %tile umat and GPA 7 O:
Thanks in advance!

alun0722

I'm an internal transfer applicant. I had a WAM of 93 (GPA7) and that was enough to get an offer. Your scores seem super high, did you apply through VTAC? Maybe you have to wait until Jan?
Yup, I applied via vtac. Fingers crossed for getting an offer in Jan :/