Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

ATAR required for International

David Jung

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew the expected ATAR "range" for internationals to get into one of UAdel, Flinders, Monash, Western Sydney, JCU med?

Solierre

Hi David, depending on the university, ATAR is usually taken into account with other measurements such as ISAT and/or interview scores. Each university will have different weightings for each component when accepting students. Having said that, I know of an international friend who received offers from JCU, Western Sydney, and UNSW with an ATAR of 96.3. Mind you this was for 2014 entry. Hope this helps!

David Jung

Hi David, depending on the university, ATAR is usually taken into account with other measurements such as ISAT and/or interview scores. Each university will have different weightings for each component when accepting students. Having said that, I know of an international friend who received offers from JCU, Western Sydney, and UNSW with an ATAR of 96.3. Mind you this was for 2014 entry. Hope this helps!
Thank you Solierre :)

silsk

From my understanding, if you pass the ISAT/PQA and pass the interview, the universities will give you a conditional offer with the minimum ATAR you need. My ISAT score was pretty low but I've received an interview offer and got a conditional offer (minimum ATAR indicated on the uni website). So based on this info, I think if you get above the threshold score for ISAT/PQA, the uni will take it into consideration and offer you an interview, which means the offers are solely based on how well you do for your interview...(just need above minimum ATAR).... That's just how I think it works. How did you go on your PQA/ISAT?

David Jung

From my understanding, if you pass the ISAT/PQA and pass the interview, the universities will give you a conditional offer with the minimum ATAR you need. My ISAT score was pretty low but I've received an interview offer and got a conditional offer (minimum ATAR indicated on the uni website). So based on this info, I think if you get above the threshold score for ISAT/PQA, the uni will take it into consideration and offer you an interview, which means the offers are solely based on how well you do for your interview...(just need above minimum ATAR).... That's just how I think it works. How did you go on your PQA/ISAT?
I got 165/175/170 for ISAT, and in terms of PQA, I got an interview offer from Adelaide.
I've completed my interview from Adelaide, and I think I did alright.
Do you think an ATAR of 98.00 is high enough to get an unconditional offer from Adelaide/UNSW/Western Sydney?

silsk

I got 165/175/170 for ISAT, and in terms of PQA, I got an interview offer from Adelaide.
I've completed my interview from Adelaide, and I think I did alright.
Do you think an ATAR of 98.00 is high enough to get an unconditional offer from Adelaide/UNSW/Western Sydney?
If you passed the interview well then they'll send you a conditional offer. The only condition of these offer will be the english requirement(i.e. IELTS or yr 12 eng) and threshold ATAR (90 for adelaide). UNSW and Western Sydney send out interview offers in a rolling basis which means they'll be sending out conditional offers in a rolling basis as well to fill up the empty spots.