Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Auckland 8.5 GPA and ~20th percentile UMAT known cases?

not MAPAS or RRAS. If anyone knows of similar cases which have been successful please let me know! I want to see hope to keep me going.

Jastek01

Hope you're not forgetting theres still the interview, which matters a lot (comparatively to UMAT). Sorry I can't answer your question, but just keep your head up and smash medsci and the interview!

Grape

Trainee Intern
Hope you're not forgetting theres still the interview, which matters a lot (comparatively to UMAT). Sorry I can't answer your question, but just keep your head up and smash medsci and the interview!

Yes! I have heard of people getting offers with <20%ile too. So fingers crossed our interviews go well :)

Kiwiology

MSO Lawyer
Guys, please remember Auckland doesn't use percentile, they only use raw score.

P

posting123

Btw, does anyone know how they do the final ranking for Auckland in terms of UMAT: e.g. if someone gets 150 as their total raw score, will they divide 150 by 300 (the overall score number) and then times it by 15% as UMAT is worth 15% for the ranking? For GPA, im guessing, they divide the GPA by 9 and then times it by 60 as GPA is worth 60% of the ranking.. Can anyone confirm this?

Btw, does anyone know how they do the final ranking for Auckland in terms of UMAT: e.g. if someone gets 150 as their total raw score, will they divide 150 by 300 (the overall score number) and then times it by 15% as UMAT is worth 15% for the ranking? For GPA, im guessing, they divide the GPA by 9 and then times it by 60 as GPA is worth 60% of the ranking.. Can anyone confirm this?

This is old and probs outdated (because the interview on this doc is still panel) but this is how they used to do it. They still might do it this way for UMAT and GPA

Attachments

• Ranking Formulae.pdf
    65.4 KB · Views: 119

Kiwiology

MSO Lawyer
what do they mean standard deviation average UMAT score or standard deviation GPA?

I wouldn't "read into" that document too much; since it was published under the old linear interview system. It might still be accurate except for the interview, I have no idea.

If you really want to know that bad, ask the FMHS Student Centre.