Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

First Year (FY) BHSc/BSC 2018 Chat/Enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm a returning university student doing health sciences this year and I was wondering if the health science orientation day will be of any use to me. Last year I went to the science orientation day (because I was enrolled under biological science) and I sat the DELNA then.

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Hi,

I would like to wish good luck to everyone starting university tomorrow. I know it can be scary and overwhelming, but I can assure you that you will not be the odd one out. Also, you are always welcome to come here and rant or have a banter when things get tough.

I can't keep track of the types of online activities/quizzes we have to do for biosci 107 and chem 110 and which ones we have unlimited or one or 4 tries in. I recently did a chem quiz (that was due before the next chem lecture starts) which only had one try allowed.

I haven't even done those quizzes yet eeek. I was so tired even though we didn't even do anything so I just had a nap haha will get them done before I sleep. I think the quiz on Canvas for chem is only one attempt. Biosci107's lab quizzes have a one hour time limit and also one attempt allowed I think (or maybe it was just you have many attempts but once you start, you have to finish within the hour). Bestchoice for chem is marked (I think>) but it isn't assessed on a first time right basis and the best 24 out of 34 or something, isn't it>
And Mastering A and P for biosci I think you have 4 attempts at each question.

I can't keep track of the types of online activities/quizzes we have to do for biosci 107 and chem 110 and which ones we have unlimited or one or 4 tries in. I recently did a chem quiz (that was due before the next chem lecture starts) which only had one try allowed.
Also, is the quiz that's up on Canvas now due tomorrow at 8am and it covers the stuff from today>
"This quiz covers material from the introduction (course information) section of Lecture 1."

I think the pre-labs for chem, you can have unlimited tries but you have to get it all right eventually and print a certain page out and it also has to come out with your username and your ID card number. Again I am not too sure about this

Hi,

How did everyone find the first day? It's okay to be overwhelmed, if you do feel so.

It was overwhelming. Seeing a lot of people was overwhelming. I was lucky enough to see old friends and make new friends. I know I will be overwhelmed by the content of the lectures tomorrow as well.

Clav

Otago MB ChB PGY2
It was overwhelming. Seeing a lot of people was overwhelming. I was lucky enough to see old friends and make new friends. I know I will be overwhelmed by the content of the lectures tomorrow as well.

Just remember that there's nothing each day that you can't handle. And it's just about taking it one day at a time. Everyone else is feeling the pressure too :D

For chem110 the canvas quizzes are the ones that you only get one try and are due before the next lecture starts. Everything on best choice ie. the pre-labs and the assessed modules, can be tried with multiple attempts

For biosci107 you get 4 tries on mastering A and P, one chance in pre lab quizzes and peer wise isn't assessed

Last edited:

Kiwiology

MSO Lawyer
All of the Mastering A&P counts for BIO 107 including the "getting ready" (or similarly named) things; I think in total IRRC there's 10 total and contributes 4% to your overall grade but that might have changed.

DO NOT forget to do the prep ones ... I didn't think they counted and cost myself 1.2% which from memory from meant I narrowly missed out on "A" in 107 overall.

If you can't find the answers in your lab guide honestly just Google them.

Status
Not open for further replies.