Auckland MBChB class of 2025

Hey everyone!

Just thought it'd be nice if we had a thread on here for our cohort too as I found these kinds of threads really entertaining as a premed student. We have a Facebook group too if you haven't joined it yet (it's at the bottom of the offer email where all the AUMSA promo stuff is). But I must confess I haven't joined that grp yet so probs missing out on all the announcements lol. Btw, is that why no one made a thread on MSO for our cohort yet bcs all the activity is happening on Facebook?

It's a kind of a bittersweet feeling when not all of us got through into our desired program but I'm still REALLY proud of everyone that gave their best last yr! So everyone feel free to join this thread!

Looking forward to meeting you all at orientation day or at the very least some time during the next couple of yrs :D
Hope you all enjoy trying to get the most out of the last couple weeks of peace/relaxation :p

Heyyy!

Did you end up seeing the grafton campus when you came up to Auckland? If so, what did you think of it? honest opinions only :D

I also wonder if we get a tour on orientation day...? Probs not though :( 😂 Bcs I emailed a couple weeks ago to ask if we are getting fed on orientation day and they said "no"😢 But apparently we get drinks and biscuits after the Whakanoa ceremony. At least it's something, right? lol

A tour of what?? Grafton is like 85% research laboratories that you don't need to go into

You might get a tour of where your tutorials are but you spend most of your lectures in the main theatre, and then the odd tutorial. There's really not much to tour
Oh yeah, that makes much sense. Thank you! :)

Hi lurker here,

Does anyone know where to see a list of things we need to get before starting? E.g. lab book, textbooks etc.?
Hey! So all the textbooks and readings are on the canvas page under 'Reading Lists' and we will get our course material on orientation day.

There's also like a LOT of textbooks listed but I remember reading somewhere that we don't need to get all of them and that some of the ones listed there are more useful for later yrs. But yeah, obviously just get the ones that you learn best with :) It might even be nice to just first browse the ones in the library or something before getting your own copy.

VRY1

Lurker
Hey everyone,
Just wondering, has anyone's Children's act safety check on SSO been listed as completed yet? Or is it normally finished closer to the due date? My referees both said they sent back the form the day they got it, but the status on the todo list is still showing as Initiated for me.

Jwadawdas

Hey everyone,
Just wondering, has anyone's Children's act safety check on SSO been listed as completed yet? Or is it normally finished closer to the due date? My referees both said they sent back the form the day they got it, but the status on the todo list is still showing as Initiated for me.
Nope, mine's not completed yet. I emailed them and they said it will be completed between when I emailed them (couple weeks ago) till when uni starts.

han21

UoA MBChB II
Heyyy!

Did you end up seeing the grafton campus when you came up to Auckland? If so, what did you think of it? honest opinions only :D

I also wonder if we get a tour on orientation day...? Probs not though :( 😂 Bcs I emailed a couple weeks ago to ask if we are getting fed on orientation day and they said "no"😢 But apparently we get drinks and biscuits after the Whakanoa ceremony. At least it's something, right? lol
I didn't on my first trip but I've moved up here now so I've gone to see the campus, I basically just went in the main foyer but it looks really nice!

Hey everyone 👋

I was just wondering if on your student services timetable you see anything that says labs? I can’t and was just a little worried I may have not enrolled in everything 😂

han21

UoA MBChB II
Man I hope we aren't still in level 3 for our first day :confused: How is everyone doing with the alert level changes?