Aus Med and Dent Place Offers 2018 - Collated Data

Discussion in 'Offers Forum' started by LMG!, Dec 22, 2017.

1. JMP Lova

JMP Lova Chronic liar

Med hopeful
    What the heck is this? This is a troll; not cool, whoever made LMG! add this.

2. LMG!

LMG! UTAS MBBS I Moderator

Clinical Psychologist
    What, you mean your results don’t look like this...?

;)

JMP Lova likes this.
  3. JMP Lova

JMP Lova Chronic liar

Med hopeful
    It’s a troll LMG!

The data you gather is legitimate statistics, that prospective students can rely on. Please, try and verify if it’s true.

4. LMG!

Clinical Psychologist
    It’s not a troll (if you’re being serious with this accusation). This person has been an MSO member for quite some time and their (incredible) results are genuine.

ETA: I don’t think this person (or anyone who volunteers their information here for us) needs to justify themselves, but I will offer what I know.

This person had a much lower UMAT to go with their 99.95 at the end of year 12. They were unsuccessful in some interviews, missed others due to UMAT, and received offers they were either unwilling or unable to accept (deferring one, I believe). After a year of university, and with a GPA of 7.00 and much improved UMAT, they have been successful for their first preference uni (UNSW). Congratulations to them.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    mso_parent_5072, MnI, Logic and 4 others like this.
  5. JMP Lova

JMP Lova Chronic liar

Med hopeful
    I apologise if I came across as brash and ignorant; nor do I seek justification for another’s marks. In my defense they seemed too good to be true. I’ve printed and stuck the marks of all those who received offers- so I keenly follow this thread; I think my paranoia is mildly justified.

Please, keep up the amazing work, LMG!

Awesome job whoever got those marks. C638756F-8F77-418D-868A-D878D3DFA155.jpeg

6. LMG!

Clinical Psychologist
    You called them a troll and asked me to investigate... that’s potentially worse than requesting justification for their marks. As to the merits of your paranoia; we are actually very, very lucky to be free from trolls here at MSO, particularly in the interview and offer threads.

JMP Lova likes this.
  7. jiaxing

jiaxing Regular Member

Hi LMG!
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would you know if the above statistics were for non-rural or rural candidates?
    Considering the second statistics, I got 79%ile and my GPA is ~6.20, so I'm under the impression I can stand a slight chance. Am I wrong in assuming so?

8. LMG!

Clinical Psychologist
    These people were not necessarily rural, but they would have met the JMP requirement of (for 2017 UMAT, 2018 entry) a S1 score of 58+, which I don't believe you have quite achieved this year, unfortunately? Unless the S1 non-rural cut off drops to 53+ (which I think would be highly unlikely), you won't receive an interview for JMP.

ETA: this is the offer thread. At this stage, it would be more beneficial for you to be looking at the interview thread, which I have also collated for your viewing pleasure! 2018 Entry Interview Invites - Collated

9. jiaxing

jiaxing Regular Member

Thank you LMG! :)

Yes, I got 53 in S1 this year unfortunately.

Aahh it’s so frustrating because I blindly guessed the last 10-15, most of them being S1 questions.

I hope JCU invite me for an interview for Med or give me an offer for Dent considering my rural and Indigenous experiences!

toothfairy13 likes this.