Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Aus Med and Dent Place Offers 2019 - Collated Data

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
183 (92nd%ile) 69/56/58, 99.90, CSP
177 (87th%ile), 99.90, CSP

Would it be necessary to tag these two as interstate applicants? I wanted to pm them and find out why they had chosen curtin with such high atars however when I was digging through the offers forum the both stated they were interstate which would have factored into their decisions. They both haven't been online for a while so it was kinda fruitless tho.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
183 (92nd%ile) 69/56/58, 99.90, CSP
177 (87th%ile), 99.90, CSP

Would it be necessary to tag these two as interstate applicants? I wanted to pm them and find out why they had chosen curtin with such high atars however when I was digging through the offers forum the both stated they were interstate which would have factored into their decisions. They both haven't been online for a while so it was kinda fruitless tho.
To clarify: are you asking why an interstate applicant with such high scores would bother applying at Curtin? If so, even with a high ATAR and UMAT combo, a resident of Vic/NSW would not be guaranteed a place offer in their home state based on their academic scores (due to interviews being part of the selection criteria) so applying widely is always a good idea regardless of how good one’s ATAR/UCAT is.

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
I wasn't really asking a question per say. I would understand that NSW and Vic are more competitive and if you received only one offer you'd pick it, regardless of where it was (given that the will to move interstate was there). I was trying to look for someone who was a local WA resident that got offers from both UWA or Curtin and why they would have chosen Curtin of UWA. I'll pm to clarify more.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
I wasn't really asking a question per say. I would understand that NSW and Vic are more competitive and if you received only one offer you'd pick it, regardless of where it was (given that the will to move interstate was there). I was trying to look for someone who was a local WA resident that got offers from both UWA or Curtin and why they would have chosen Curtin of UWA. I'll pm to clarify more.
Oh, I see. I personally would choose Curtin if I was a WA resident given Curtin is a 5 year program whereas UWA is 6 years.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads