Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU Bachelor of Dental Science Offers 2014

iBoLt

Congrats to those who got early round offers yewww :) Just want to say a massive congrats, to my two homies/MSO lurkers ([MENTION=14242]caitlinnoob[/MENTION] [MENTION=18703]frosteric[/MENTION] ) for getting an offer! So proud of you both working hard to create an awesome app and doing superb in your interviews!! :D

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff

bang

Wait... so if these are "early round offers" there is a slight chance for a future round, right...?

Yeah, there's still hope until the 4th of Jan. And even after that, people might reject their offers meaning new spots will open up.

caitlinnoob

[OFFTOPIC]
Congrats to those who got early round offers yewww :) Just want to say a massive congrats, to my two homies/MSO lurkers (@caitlinnoob @frosteric ) for getting an offer! So proud of you both working hard to create an awesome app and doing superb in your interviews!! :D
So much for keeping it hush hush!! Judy Stone will hate me now lol :(

But thanks!!! So stoked :lols:[/OFFTOPIC]

Wait... so if these are "early round offers" there is a slight chance for a future round, right...?

Yes of course! There is hope right up until when uni starts, as people may still reject offers etc...
These phone calls aren't even anything official yet anyway, just keep your fingers crossed :)

Last edited:

caitlinnoob

What's with the non-official offer? Does it mean you might not get in?

Mine was just a phone call telling me I will be receiving an offer later. ^_^
I'm pretty sure a personal phone call telling you you will be receiving an offer, means you will get an offer lol, but I'm just not counting my chickens before they hatch!! Especially after last years drama...

bang

LOL, did anyone receive a UAC offer today? Is this another technical issue because i didn't get an offer.

I received an official offer from UAC yesterday at 7.30am. I tried to accept my offer online with CSU but when I got to the stage "accept your offer by clicking this image", it did not allow me to proceeed. I clicked hundred times but it always led me to the screening saying "this website cannot be found". I rang Student Central as instructed for help but there was no answer (it was 7pm yesterday when I did that). Any one has any advice on how to make it work?

bang

trust the dent faculty not to pick up the phones..

edit: loljks it's a Saturday.. dat post hsc life, don't even know what day it is

Last edited:
Hi armirbang, I am pretty sure that you need to place CSU Dentistry as you first preference to rceive an official offer from UAC. Did you do so? If you did, it is best to call the faculty on Monday as it may have been a technical problem. But if it was not your first preference, it was probably the reason why you
did not receive it.

bang

haha yeah, i had it as 1st preference. It's probably a technical problem. Just gotta wait till monday i guess.

caitlinnoob

Congrats on the offer Nashi Pear!! I'll cya next year, I got my course transfer approved a few days ago. :cool:

I'd just ring them on Monday, I think Student Central hours are 9am - 5pm weekdays.

BuccalCusp

the admin staff are kinda understaffed atm due to the holiday breaks i presume, but i'm sure they'll fix it up by next week. congrats to all that received an offer so far! see you in a few months :)

Fnatic

Hey guys, do you think there's anything I can do if I forgot to enter the CSU BDS course on my preferences?(yea, I know I'm a doofus)
I know it sounds odd, but that's what actually happened and I felt confident about my interview.
The student liaison officer, Judy Stone, told me that I didn't make it (I don't know if me not having the preference affected this) and all the spots for 1st round are taken, however I am wondering if I am still eligible for further rounds if applicants withdraw their offer. If that's the case does anyone know how I could possibly re-enter the course on my application

caitlinnoob

Hey guys, do you think there's anything I can do if I forgot to enter the CSU BDS course on my preferences?(yea, I know I'm a doofus)
I know it sounds odd, but that's what actually happened and I felt confident about my interview.
The student liaison officer, Judy Stone, told me that I didn't make it (I don't know if me not having the preference affected this) and all the spots for 1st round are taken, however I am wondering if I am still eligible for further rounds if applicants withdraw their offer. If that's the case does anyone know how I could possibly re-enter the course on my application

I have no idea haha!! Might be a question for UAC instead?

miracle

hi! have any CSU students received a second round offer in the past? :cry:

also, did anyone receive an email telling them they were unsuccessful for 2014 entry?

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
A number of people usually reject 1st round offers, so expect more offers to be made until they fill the course. Well done on offers!!