Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JMP JMP: BBiomedSc Pathway

naian616

I did have a prediction - that someone was going to ask this^ haha.

I'm reluctant to guess again because of two doubts : someone posted JMP said last year they only gave a small number of interview spots to BBioMed applicants, and just this morning someone posted last year JMP increased interview spots from the usual 700 to 900. If both these were facts the cutoff should have *dropped* from 90%ile rather than jumped to 93%ile.
was the post on mso regarding that they only gave a small number of interview spots to BBioMed applicants and could you provide the link?
or was the reason because those students simply didnt perform as well in the ucat (like getting subpar of a rural score)

A1

Rookie Doc
was the post on mso regarding that they only gave a small number of interview spots to BBioMed applicants and could you provide the link?
It was in this post, dotwingz was the culprit :) > JMP - JMP: BBiomedSc Pathway

or was the reason because those students simply didnt perform as well in the ucat (like getting subpar of a rural score)
I'm not concerned about the reason why only a few, more about why only a few pushed the cutoff up 3%ile points.

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
Ill post the email chain in here for completion

Me:
Hi,

I was wondering how many Biomedical Science Health Professional Major graduates applied through the tailored entry scheme this year, how many of them got invited to an interview, and what was the required UCAT score for them to score an interview.

Also, I'm was wondering what was the UCAT score this year that regular, non-rural, non-tailored candidates had to get to get an interview.

Thanks so much for helping me here,

Response:
I understand that the UON Biomedical Science program is being restructured so that there will no longer be the Health/Professions specialty. As yet I am not sure if the revised program structure will also have the same pathway to the Joint Medical Program.

However I can advise that a small number of final year Health/Professions students applied for 2020 and 2021. All applicants are invited to attend interview on the basis of their UCAT ANZ total score. If an applicant who meets the criteria of this scheme has a UCAT ANZ total score below the standard cut off and above the rural cut off they would be eligible to attend interview. If they score at or above the standard cut off they would progress to interview without the need to use the scheme.

I do not have access to the number who then following interview are successful and commence in the JMP.

For entry 2021 the standard cut off score was 2980. The rural cut off score was 2450. These cut off scores change each year, so please take the above scores only as a guide.

Kind regards,
Sue

This was quite a while ago and the JMP Entry Schemes website has updated to say that any biomed science student from UoN, rather than just those who did that specific major.

I think I've referenced this before but UoN is cutting back hard on courses to save money, so i assume this move is them removing the diversity in the biomed degree to channel students through a fewer selection of courses whilst keeping the popularity from the entry scheme.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads