Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Med 2016

saraahlyn

Lurker
For those who are applying for the September/October intake or the 2017 one,
Here is some information that might be helpful to you:

1. UMAT is no longer needed
2. The ATAR cut off to be CONSIDERED IS 97, but to be guaranteed an interview you might need a higher ATAR (probably around 98.5 ++) due to an increase in competition for the limited places as UMAT is no longer needed
3. For the interview, make sure you dress professionally (covering up skin especially for girls i.e. no cleavage, no short skirts - also it might be good to tie up your hair so nothing gets in the way)
4. Prior to the interview (i suggest maybe 2 weeks before) make sure you google and practice doing situational questions with someone who is already a doctor, so that they can give you good feedback as to how to answers these questions. However, too much preparation could do more damage than good if you walk into the interview rooms and recite your answers like a robot (if you encounter the same questions as you've practiced)
5. The interview form will be MMI, which means you have 8 interviewers in 8 different rooms, and 8 minutes per interviewer. My tip is not to get straight to the solution of the problem handed to you right away, but to talk around it first, talking about your thought processes, analysing the pros and cons of each solution and then arriving to a conclusion at the end. This ensures that you don't end up only talking for 3 minutes and then sitting around in awkward silence for the next 5. If you do however end up having extra time at the end, use that opportunity to talk about anything that might be related to the question they have given you. For example, if the question is about a doctor's role in a hospital, you could tell them about what you have observed in the hospitals when you were a visitor, and what you learned about a doctor's role from that experience.