Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Med 2018 Discussion

Sam42

Ah I see - it's just that I am domestic applicant who is currently located in Europe, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get the most amount of notice possible so I can like book flights etc. etc.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Ah I see - it's just that I am domestic applicant who is currently located in Europe, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get the most amount of notice possible so I can like book flights etc. etc.

Have you put your current, overseas address or an Australian address on your application/in QTAC? I’ve not used QTAC so I’m unsure how it works, but if Bond think you’re a domestic applicant from Qld, chances are you might only get ~4 days notice.

Sam42

Have you put your current, overseas address or an Australian address on your application/in QTAC? I’ve not used QTAC so I’m unsure how it works, but if Bond think you’re a domestic applicant from Qld, chances are you might only get ~4 days notice.

I only just changed my QTAC residential address from my Australian address to my European address like 2 days ago (when I realised this may be a potential issue)....perhaps I should contact Bond?

D

Deleted member 32959

Being the first batch to take psychometric tests and part of a new wave in selection at bond it's hard to predict anything but to give our best shot. A few from my school who had 98.00+ ATAR did not get the invite to sit the Psychometric test although they had all the pre-requisites met. I am really not sure about what to take on any processes followed by QTAC / Bond that has been advertised like 97+ ATAR could be competitive. The students were obviously upset, I am not sure what replies they got on inquiry.

Good luck to all who did the test and awaiting the interview call.

D

Deleted member 32959

the website says interview offers released on the 26th..except I wonder if they'll release them earlier since psychometric test offers came out early..
My hunch is it could be around 21/2/18, one week after the test.

A1

Rookie Doc
A few from my school who had 98.00+ ATAR did not get the invite to sit the Psychometric test although they had all the pre-requisites met. I am really not sure about what to take on any processes followed by QTAC / Bond that has been advertised like 97+ ATAR could be competitive.

From previous posts in this thread we've seen 97.2 and 96.95 invited. There must have been some hiccups with your 98+ friends' applications.

tridiumk

Technically the website says the 26th to the 7th March is when: Medical Program^ interviews coordinated and conducted at the Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine.

I thought this when the actual interviews take place, meaning, surely they send out the invitations before this time haha!

I agree, i dont think that need interpretation as anything other than being when interviews actually commence, not offers going out. I guess worst case, early next week...

cat777

Hi, I also have no idea how they do it but maybe they could’ve looked at what subjects we did?
Just a thought cos I did physics, human bio, chemistry and math methods (I know a lot of ppl getting into med do these as well) - but could be a possibility they liked the fact I did all of them so they selected me to sit the test? (also I only got 97.85 atar).. anyway thanks for all the info on here haha I love just reading through everyone’s comments and finding out info...:)

Jess Swan

Hi, I also have no idea how they do it but maybe they could’ve looked at what subjects we did?
Just a thought cos I did physics, human bio, chemistry and math methods (I know a lot of ppl getting into med do these as well) - but could be a possibility they liked the fact I did all of them so they selected me to sit the test? (also I only got 97.85 atar).. anyway thanks for all the info on here haha I love just reading through everyone’s comments and finding out info...:)

I was thinking the same thing- for the prerequisites it just says one of Maths B, Physics or Chemistry. Maybe people who did all three subjects were favoured? Or maybe they chose based on our field positions (but I'm not sure if the ATAR system uses field positions)

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator

This would ONLY be the case for any Bond pre-requisites (and I’m not sure if there are any for Bond, I must admit I’ve not looked too closely as it was never in my price range).

ETA: I’ve just seen the post added at the same time as mine that explains one of Maths B, Chem, or Physics is required. As long as an applicant has completed ONE (minimum) of these, they should be considered as equal with those who have done all three. To do anything else would be false advertising and incredibly unfair and, I’d think, would open the university up to law suits.

I only just changed my QTAC residential address from my Australian address to my European address like 2 days ago (when I realised this may be a potential issue)....perhaps I should contact Bond?

This is what I’d be doing, for sure. At worst they can just not help you, but at best they may ensure you’re amongst the first notified either way.

Last edited:

Tomato

From previous posts in this thread we've seen 97.2 and 96.95 invited. There must have been some hiccups with your 98+ friends' applications.

Does Bond also need an application like JCU (but with different style)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 32959

I just finished the test. It was more time consuming in Emotional Intelligence rather than Personality Assessment. I think I went close to 100 minutes to complete. Would that be an issue? I believe these tests are untimed according to the published materials but a max of 90 minutes be allowed was also quoted?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladybug 7

I just finished the test. It was more time consuming in Emotional Intelligence rather than Personality Assessment. I think I went close to 100 minutes to complete. Would that be an issue? I believe these tests are untimed according to the published materials but a max of 90 minutes be allowed was also quoted?
I did it last night as well and found the same. I wouldn't worry, all the pop up messages before you start say it won't be timed and the T&C's basically said we were accepting those conditions (untimed) and I definitely spend longer than 100 minutes haha so I'm sure we aren't the only ones. :p Best of luck to everyone completing the test!

D

Deleted member 32959

I did it last night as well and found the same. I wouldn't worry, all the pop up messages before you start say it won't be timed and the T&C's basically said we were accepting those conditions (untimed) and I definitely spend longer than 100 minutes haha so I'm sure we aren't the only ones. :p Best of luck to everyone completing the test!
Hi Ladybug 7, Thanks for your reply. The first section dragged a lot for me as I had spent extra time to read the passages (as it was needed !), May be I got a bit casual as it was told to be untimed and then got paranoid looking at the total time taken to completion. As advertised, the test would have made no difference if done at a testing facility (like prometric).

Anyway, it's done now and the results have already been forwarded to Bond as the e-mail confirmation says so "Your results for the assessments have been sent to the recruiter for this position". Good morning and best of luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladybug 7

Hi Ladybug 7, Thanks for your reply. The first section dragged a lot for me as I had spent extra time to read the passages (as it was needed !), May be I got a bit casual as it was told to be untimed and then got paranoid looking at the total time taken to completion. As advertised, the test would have made no difference if done at a testing facility (like prometric).

Anyway, it's done now and the results have already been forwarded to Bond as the e-mail confirmation says so "Your results for the assessments have been sent to the recruiter for this position". Good morning and best of luck to everyone.
Haha yes I got the time out message about 3 times just for the emotional intelligence one. Revelian didn't quite have my full attention! The tests were an interesting experience for sure. Its a shame they don't release the individual test reports to us as i think that info would be quite valuable. Now im just hoping we have a decent amount of warning for interviews like people have predicted on here :)

Ian Naga

Retired Lurker
How Revelian plays the game, making recruitment testing fun

All You Need to Know about Revelian Tests and How to Ace Them - StudentBees Blog

I was reading up on this Brisbane based company "Revelian" and it said (2 years ago): "Revelian plans to introduce “proctored" testing, where candidates sit the assessment and are videoed doing so. Candidates will be required to hold up their driver’s licence or passport to prove their identity and reduce the risk that they have hired a stand-in to sit the test on their behalf."

I wonder why they did not use this for Bond test. Anyway, it is another invasion of privacy but I guess it is more or less the same with all tests!

Edit: It says you can only do this test once a year as repetition improves the score. I wonder if other universities are planning to bring this test on board in addition to UMAT (or as a replacement). Interesting!

D

Deleted member 32959

A Prometric site would solve all issues as they conduct many tests including USMLE, UKCAT, and IT certification...but it costs money for them and it would not have helped. UKCAT provides printed results as you complete and walk out of the test room. That's what happened to me, so you know how you went immediately. I hope UMAT is also done in a similar way.

D

Deleted member 32959

How Revelian plays the game, making recruitment testing fun

All You Need to Know about Revelian Tests and How to Ace Them - StudentBees Blog

Edit: It says you can only do this test once a year as repetition improves the score. I wonder if other universities are planning to bring this test on board in addition to UMAT (or as a replacement). Interesting!

Most probably, not as a replacement but in addition to UMAT. I was requested take a Situational Judgement Test (SJT) ) (similar to the Psychometric test) by Monash as a volunteer when I appeared for the UNSW interview. It was taken in the UNSW campus after my interview. Monash said in my letter that they are looking at the possibility of including SJT component in addition as many universities have been using this as a tool to assess students for admission to Medicine. They said they will share my SJT score in March / April 2018 just for my information. I knew UK uses this tool as I took the test in conjunction with UKCAT.

It said " The task will take approximately one hour to complete and you will be given one and a half hours to complete
it. You will be required to answer up to 60 SJT scenarios. And, determine the concurrent validity of the SJT via a comparison of scores on the SJT with other measures used in medical course selection (i.e., ATAR, UMAT, and Interview). As part of this research, we are offering medical applicants across three universities (Monash University, UNSW and The University of Adelaide) the opportunity to gain valuable experience with the SJT format".

So, it may not be far if SJT is also introduced in the selection process as a tool in other universities. Sorry if this was already known to others and I thought I could share. Good luck to all who are yet to complete the Psychometric Test for Bond.