Bond Med 2018 Discussion

Discussion in 'Bond University' started by drpkjr, Sep 18, 2017.

1. naji_22

naji_22 Member

yep i got 2 emails and a letter, i am from brisbane

2. mcmed

mcmed Member

Feels like we should consolidate everything because there are a lot of confused voices recently.

Basically there was a system error which resulted in emails intended for applicants who completed psychometric testing but didn't receive an interview being wrongly sent to applicants who completed the interview. An email was sent out to correct the misinformation. THIS EMAIL IS NOTHING BAD. Everything is as before.

As for the QTAC status situation, there is a 99% likelihood that a 'Satisifed' status means you will get an offer on Friday. 'Pending' means you may be in the running for a 2nd round offer. There were 16 2nd round offers made last year, as helpfully pointed out by rmed4949. 'Not satisifed' means you likely won't receive an offer.

Yes. I'd imagine interstate applicants will receive the letter tomorrow or something.

EDIT: Credit where credit is due. Thanks rmed4949!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Rmed4949, Rohit and James Robinson like this.
  3. James Robinson

James Robinson Bond BMedSt / MD I

Guys, after reading the letter I think none of us should be worried. It clearly seems to be for people who sat the psychometric test but didn't receive an interview offer. Relax and let's wait till Friday :)

Rmed4949 likes this.
  4. Mollyyumo

Mollyyumo Member

Do you mind sending a photo/ writing what the letter says? I am interstate so I haven't got the letter yet :(

5. medtime

medtime Member

I would really love to know why Bond has given completely different information though. When I spoke to QTAC they were adamant that "Satisfied" simply did not mean that you had completed the interview because many other applicants have received "not satisfied" after completing it. The conflicting information is causing a rollercoaster of emotions!

mcmed and Bec T like this.
  6. mcmed

mcmed Member

QTAC employees are more likely to give non-committal or vague answers just in case something does happen to the contrary, it's just a safety net for them. They deal with many different courses all with varying rules for how satisfied statuses affect offers, so some not familiar with Bond in particular likely operate off of general advice.

Here you are.
    Bond Alternative Pathways Letter.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Rmed4949, drandom, Rohit and 2 others like this.
  7. Mollyyumo

Mollyyumo Member

Thanks alot, appreciated

mcmed likes this.
  8. drandom

drandom New Member

When did you guys receive the email and by whom?

9. mat0000

mat0000 Member

Making it through to psychometric testing... is that mean clearing this or just attempting this?

10. mat0000

mat0000 Member

Anyone from interstate received it or anyone from Gold cost and Brisbane has not received it as yet?

11. James Robinson

You would think that if it was meant for us they would've mentioned the interview in there somewhere... clearly targetted towards a different population.

12. Sam42

Sam42 Member

It was targeted for those who were invited to do the psychometric test but failed to progress to the next stage (interview). The letter/email in relation to this really shouldn't worry anyone - it was just a clear admin issue. Just keep your fingers and toes crossed for a smooth QTAC/Bond offer release on Friday morning (and no other emails with a suspicious and heart stopping subject line) :)

James Robinson likes this.
  13. OnionBoy

OnionBoy Member

Guys,

I’ll be honest, I’d like to find out early too... But Bond did give us a date for our official offer email - the 16th. We kind of made ourselves feel worked up by trying to investigate early. Lets just wait and see what happens Friday like we assumed originally.

MDIzzy, toilet paper, dw2000 and 5 others like this.
  14. dANKmeMEs

dANKmeMEs New Member

wow everything seems like a mess ..... :confused::confused::eek::eek:

hope u guys get in this year !

15. CURRY LOVE

CURRY LOVE New Member

YOU THINK YOU INNNN?!?!

toilet paper and OnionBoy like this.
  16. greenstar

greenstar Member

Hi Arjun,

With Bond saying the status changed for everyone, do you know if they meant that everyone's changed from "selected for interview but outcome not yet determined"
    - to satisfied, or
    - to either satisfied, not satisfied or pending?

It's okay if you don't know. With all this going on I feel like Friday just couldn't come sooner hey?

Hang in there everyone!

Arjun likes this.
  17. James Robinson

Everyone had their status changed from outcome not yet determined to satisfied.

Arjun likes this.
  18. tridiumk

tridiumk Member

How QTAC can claim they have 3 categories of statuses, seems incorrect. How can they say there a heaps of Satisfied, Pending, and Not Satisfied...? How can there be heaps of Pending... assuming those are for 2nd round offers... They wouldnt know how many 2nd round, if any, offers are up for grabs... lesson to be learned from all this 1) Bond will know a LOT more than QTAC, so listen to Bond's advice, which appears to be "QTAC dont have the results, wait till Friday", 2) Bond isnt stuffing people around or giving misinformation.. they have been clear from the start... wait till Friday. Its a tough time for us all, but trying to figure out who got in, before Bond has chosen who gets in, is just getting your hopes up, which could be dashed in 40 hours from now. Do what i have done, expect the worst, and make sure you have a backup plan.

Marma and Mollyyumo like this.
  19. mat0000

mat0000 Member

Any news folks?

20. LMG!

LMG! UTAS MBBS I Moderator

Clinical Psychologist
    Not QTAC, but...

I can confirm that UAC made multiple coding/status update errors this year (and probably do every year). For example, mine randomly changed to say that I had not met academic requirements for JMP, but then I received a JMP offer in the first round. Advice from the universities at the time was that UAC officers assigned codes quite randomly and to take very little notice of them outside official offer release periods.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018