Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Medicine 2017

B2

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would start a thread for the 2017 applicants to discuss their concerns regarding interviews, accommodation or anything else related to Bond medicine. Here are some key dates that may be useful to everyone,
2nd of February : QTAC applications close for the Bond Medicine program
3rd of February : Any outstanding supporting documents due
Interview offers are then sent out within the next 2 weeks
17th-24th of February: Interviews
9th of March: Round 1 offers are released

It would be great to hear what everyone else is planning to do until 9th of march - start a course in another university/ gap year and so forth.

Hello

Honestly for me I got an offer to study Master of Physiotherapy at Usyd and I am still undecided if i should take it or chuck another gap year

B2

Hello

Honestly for me I got an offer to study Master of Physiotherapy at Usyd and I am still undecided if i should take it or chuck another gap year

Hey, I am in the same position being offered physiotherapy honours at monash and optometry. Unsure to take a gap year to increase my ATAR or start university. What was your ATAR if you dont mind me asking ? And would you be applying to bond?

Hey, I am in the same position being offered physiotherapy honours at monash and optometry. Unsure to take a gap year to increase my ATAR or start university. What was your ATAR if you dont mind me asking ? And would you be applying to bond?
I dont have an ATAR , i finished a bachelor of Science at UNSW and yes i will be applying to bond

B2

I dont have an ATAR , i finished a bachelor of Science at UNSW and yes i will be applying to bond

Have you sat the GAMSAT? - with this you will be eligible to apply for postgraduate medicine all over Australia. Otherwise it depends if you can "comfortably" afford Bond Medicine as it is around $380k. I dont see harm in applying though and waiting to see if you do get an offer.

Have you sat the GAMSAT? - with this you will be eligible to apply for postgraduate medicine all over Australia. Otherwise it depends if you can "comfortably" afford Bond Medicine as it is around $380k. I dont see harm in applying though and waiting to see if you do get an offer.
Yeah i did and i applied but apparently 65 Gamsat and 6.5 GPa were not enough so now i am considering bond, decision i need to make now is should i start physio as back up plan in case bond also doesnt work out

B2

Yeah i did and i applied but apparently 65 Gamsat and 6.5 GPa were not enough so now i am considering bond, decision i need to make now is should i start physio as back up plan in case bond also doesnt work out

I think starting masters of physiotherapy is an excellent plan if Bond doesnt work out. This way you will be a qualified physio in 2 years time. During this time, you can resit the GAMSAT to increase your score and try get into post graduate medicine. You will also be able to fund yourself in medicine years by working as a part time physio.

I think starting masters of physiotherapy is an excellent plan if Bond doesnt work out. This way you will be a qualified physio in 2 years time. During this time, you can resit the GAMSAT to increase your score and try get into post graduate medicine. You will also be able to fund yourself in medicine years by working as a part time physio.
yeah only problem is this physio spot is full-fee not a CSP so when i graduate i will be in debt

B2

yeah only problem is this physio spot is full-fee not a CSP so when i graduate i will be in debt

This decision depends entirely on your finances - are you able to afford Bond medicine then?
What are your other options besides taking a gap year ?

Don9

Lurker
Hey, I have a question, I understand that we need to add Bond med to QTAC by the 2nd of February, however in order for a chance to receive an interview does Bond have to be our first preference? For example, if I receive an offer for another course above Bond Med will I still be able to receive an interview offer? Thank you for all the info!

B2

Hey, I have a question, I understand that we need to add Bond med to QTAC by the 2nd of February, however in order for a chance to receive an interview does Bond have to be our first preference? For example, if I receive an offer for another course above Bond Med will I still be able to receive an interview offer? Thank you for all the info!

Bond does not need to be first preference to receive an interview offer. However, if you do receive a study offer from a higher preference, then Bond will not be able to give you a study offer once you have passed their interview. Therefore, preferences do not affect your chances of an interview offer but will affect whether or not you receive an offer to study at Bond.

does anyone know how Bond calculates a GPA from a WAM if youre a graduate applicant?

For each of your courses you will have a mark and a grade so for example "89 and HD" on your full academic transcript if your university uses WAM system. To convert this to GPA, because 89 is a HD it will be awarded a value of 7. So essentially average out the grades section of the transcript where a HD is 7, D is 6, C is 5 and so forth. And then depending on the distribution that your university uses you can work it out. (some universities require 80 for a HD whilst others require 85 and so forth)

Squirrel

Hi all,

I am also applying to Bond Uni, am currently about to start my year of Honours in New Zealand.
If I were to get an interview, how do you prepare for it?
Also, from what I've read, they take the interview and your GPA into account. Is the interview scored or a pass/fail scenario? How much weighting are on interview and GPA?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Has anyone enrolled into a course at another uni yet as a back up if Bond doesn't work out? I've received an offer at Griffith Uni and conditionally accepted it on QTAC and have the option of enrolling. I'd ideally like to enrol into Griffith and sort out my timetable now but I'm not sure if enrolling will have an effect on getting an interview offer at Bond?

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Has anyone enrolled into a course at another uni yet as a back up if Bond doesn't work out? I've received an offer at Griffith Uni and conditionally accepted it on QTAC and have the option of enrolling. I'd ideally like to enrol into Griffith and sort out my timetable now but I'm not sure if enrolling will have an effect on getting an interview offer at Bond?

It should have no effect on getting an interview offer at Bond provided that once you have accepted your offer you make sure you are still eligible for further offers, and that Bond is higher on your preference list than the current accepted offer.