Bond Medicine 2019 Discussion

Discussion in 'Bond University' started by namida, Jan 16, 2019.

1. namida

namida ms-owesome

Does anyone know if putting my Bond Uni preference second (after JCU as I am hoping for a second round offer) will jeopardise my chances of getting a university offer/offer for the psychometric testing?
    TIA

2. Crow

Crow Moderator Most Active 2018

Nope, preference order won’t have any influence on your chances. Good luck!

ETA: Apparently it does now matter (see below) but you should be fine to wait for JCU second round offers and then rearrange your preferences so that Bond is at the top.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    namida likes this.
  3. namida

namida ms-owesome

NOTE: Bond requires having it as a 1st preference in order to be considered for the course. (evidence: Dean Kirsty Forrest)

4. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    I guess the reason for this is by the time Bond applications are considered all other med/dent admissions will have been done & dusted. If you put any non-med/dent above Bond med at that stage you would either get that other one or, if not high enough for it you wouldn't be high enough for Bond med.

Crow likes this.
  5. LMG!

LMG! Moderator Most Helpful Member and Staff Member of the Year 2017-2018

UTAS MBBS
    As things have started to ramp up for Bond’s entry period, I thought I’d get this thread going for asking questions and getting to know others.

Posts above have been moved here from the Quick Questions thread. Feel free to use this thread instead now.

6. Michael Wan

Michael Wan New Member

I read from Bond's website that QTAC is opened for application today, but I could not find the Bond MD course in the preference search on QTAC, can anyone help?

Am I missing anything?

No offer from Griffith and UQ yesterday....

7. namida

namida ms-owesome

QTAC course code for the Bond Medical Program*: 020712

8. HimpuZ

HimpuZ New Member

Hi guys, just a quick question regarding entrance into Bond medicine. Does bond take into consideration an applicant's ATAR, psychometric test mark and interview performance when giving out spots in the medical program or is it purely based on the interview (once all the interviews have been conducted)?

9. LMG!

UTAS MBBS
    ATAR/GPA determines psychometric test invite. Psychometric test performance determines interview invite. Interview performance determines offer.

I believe :D

drpkjr and HimpuZ like this.
  10. HimpuZ

HimpuZ New Member

Damn so in the end it all comes down to the interview itself. Anyways thanks for the reply LMG!

11. jem1708

jem1708 New Member

Hey guys
    Does anyone know the number of undergraduate to graduate ratio for offers?

12. namida

namida ms-owesome

100 undergraduate and 20 graduate places

jem1708 likes this.
  13. samanthagrg

samanthagrg New Member

I just called bonds unicresity. According to them, all the three components including ATAR, psychometric testing and interview are weighed equally.

14. LMG!

UTAS MBBS
    Did you speak to someone from Medicine admissions specifically? From their website:

"Step One - Academic Assessment
    Students will be assessed on their prior academic record through their application on QTAC. Approximately 50% of applicants will be invited to complete Step 2 (ETA: Psychometric Test) of the admissions process.

Step Two - Psychometric Test
    The results of the psychometric test will determine eligibility for being offered an interview as the next step of the assessment process...

Step Three - Interview
    ..."

It would seem weird for them not to use ATAR/GPA as part of the interview decision making process, but then to bring it back in for offers, as they'd have a whole heap of applicants with ATAR/GPA on the low end who would find it very difficult to compete.

Also, it's still possible for that statement to be technically correct if you think Psychometric testing eligibility is 100% based on ATAR/GPA, Interview eligibility is 100% based on psychometric test, Offer is 100% based on interview performance.

ETA: the use of the headings "Step One", "Step Two", etc, also suggests to me that the academic assessment has already taken place in step one, it doesn't happen again in step 3.

drpkjr likes this.
  15. samanthagrg

samanthagrg New Member

Well, I did talk to the person from medicine faculty. Yes, there are three steps. However, after the interview, the final decision is made by weighing ATAR/GPA, psychometric and interview scores equally.

16. tm2001

tm2001 New Member

When I was in the webinar at the end of last year that they held (hosted by the dean of medicine ) she said it was barriers making it 100% on interviews.

17. LMG!

UTAS MBBS
    What do you mean by barriers? Hurdles? As in, GPA is a hurdle requirement (ie. you just need to make it passes to be eligible for a psychometric test invite, then the psychometric test was a hurdle for the interview? Make it over the hurdle and you get an interview?), etc. If so, that is entirely consistent with our understanding of the process, too.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    tm2001 likes this.
  18. tm2001

tm2001 New Member

Yep precisely just confirming to everyone that it’s hurdles from another source

LMG! likes this.
  19. namida

namida ms-owesome

Yep, can confirm that each step is dependent on separate criteria. i.e. ATAR/GPA for psychometric testing, psychometric testing results for interview, and interview performance for offers.

(Source: Webinar on Wednesday 16/01/19)

LMG! likes this.
  20. Rub0ls

Rub0ls New Member

To be clear, is this for offer into the Psychometric testing? Or the actual offer after interview?