Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: General Discussion

Mysra

Does anyone know how many second round offers there were last year?
Hi could you please guide me as to how is the process of admissions at bond ... what order of preference should I put it on coz my son has terrible ucat score.. so Wil probably opt for jcu or bond... also what is the minimum atar required at both these universities?

Gangau

Atar : above 96.
Then invite for bond psychometric test round 500-600 from 1000+ application
Then select 240 for interview and get 120 for first around

This year got 130 -140 (over 120)

Mysra

Atar : above 96.
Then invite for bond psychometric test round 500-600 from 1000+ application
Then select 240 for interview and get 120 for first around

This year got 130 -140 (over 120)
If I want to put jcu and bond for wracked how do u reckon I should place them in order of preference?? Wil it make a difference?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
If I want to put jcu and bond for wracked how do u reckon I should place them in order of preference?? Wil it make a difference?

Bond is not currently open for applications and will not yet appear on QTAC.

Mysra

Bond is not currently open for applications and will not yet appear on QTAC.
oh ok.. so how n when do I put it in qtac and when and where should I add it to my preference order?? Sorry to bother and thanks for ur prompt reply!

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
oh ok.. so how n when do I put it in qtac and when and where should I add it to my preference order?? Sorry to bother and thanks for ur prompt reply!
It won’t be an option until the end of February next year. You can just add it to your preferences when the time comes, so you won’t need to do a new application or anything.

Place it wherever you would like in terms of preferences - by then your son will have found out whether he got into JCU or not.

Mysra

Hey Guys !!

It's good to see everyone being quite curious about the application process. After reading through the comments and the replies, I would like to advise everyone that this is only a forum and the application process changes every year. So please take all information given from current students (e.g. B2), with a grain of salt.

I'm in my 3rd year and I am happy to answer any general questions and give any indicators (from my experience) you may have, but please contact Bond directly for any answers relating to the application process.

Good luck for tomorrow :)
Hello .. could u pls tell me anyone wit the lowest atar has got into Med at bond university? What was the lowest atar someone got in Med?thanks

A1

Rookie Doc
What was the lowest atar someone got in Med?thanks

If you are asking about med schools in general have a look in this table > [Undergrad] - (2019 Updated) Med schools Selection Criteria Y12s & Non-standards

Under the Place offer weighting column you see two schools JMP & WSU don't take ATAR into calculation provided it's over the eligibility hurdle. That means any non-rural non-GWS applicants with 94.3+ and 95.5+ can succeed (GWS is 93.5+).

UTas was similar but its selection formula recently changed.

For Bond, prior to the introduction of the psychometric test it used to take 98+ to get an interview and mostly mid-high 98s & above to get a place afterwards. Now with the psychometric test it's 97ish to get invited to do this test then the top half are invited to interview.

jayson

If already studying in Bond University,say 1st year .Can the student sit UcAT and apply other public Universities like UNSW WSU JmC. Etc?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
If already studying in Bond University,say 1st year .Can the student sit UcAT and apply other public Universities like UNSW WSU JmC. Etc?

Yes for JMP. I think there’s some contention over whether the other two will accept those already enrolled in a Med degree elsewhere.

A1

Rookie Doc
Yes for JMP. I think there’s some contention over whether the other two will accept those already enrolled in a Med degree elsewhere.

I think it's okay now after Bond converted their MBBS program to BMedSt + MD. Similar to Griffith's BMedSc the first part is not considered a Med degree by UNSW/WSU,

Jason990090

Royal College of Surgeons MBBch (grad med pathway)
Hi I applied to bond last year but did not receive an interview. I did their psychometric test but did not reach the interview stage. I just saw that their testing company has a policy of not allowing people to do the test within a 12 month period; however, the testing dates on the bond uni page are the exact same as 2019!!

Does this mean I am no chance for bond 2020? Because if my psychometric result wasnt enough in 2019 then how could it enough in 2020?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi I applied to bond last year but did not receive an interview. I did their psychometric test but did not reach the interview stage. I just saw that their testing company has a policy of not allowing people to do the test within a 12 month period; however, the testing dates on the bond uni page are the exact same as 2019!!

Does this mean I am no chance for bond 2020? Because if my psychometric result wasnt enough in 2019 then how could it enough in 2020?
I'm sure Bond's dates wouldn't stop you from resitting the test a year later. I would send an email to the test company as well as Bond admissions to confirm.

Kai2020

Hi! Just wanted to double check that Bond only looks at ATAR/GPA? Because I am a non-standard undergraduate student. Also I found that they take applications quite late (20 Jan 2020)?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi! Just wanted to double check that Bond only looks at ATAR/GPA? Because I am a non-standard undergraduate student. Also I found that they take applications quite late (20 Jan 2020)?
Correct, they don’t consider UCAT. It will be either a combination of ATAR/GPA or solely GPA for you (depending on how much tertiary study you have completed) to determine psychometric testing eligibility.

Ian Naga

Retired Lurker
I know somebody who joined WSU medicine after 2 terms of Bond Medicine. They do accept.

Dr Goku

Hi I applied to bond at beginning of this year and received an interview but did not get an offer. I am planning to apply again next year and just have a question. I am going to finish my undergraduate degree this year and was wondering if Bond offers places to graduate entry students. Also I was wondering that if I was to be invited for an interview next year, would I need to resit the psychometric test again. Thanks

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi I applied to bond at beginning of this year and received an interview but did not get an offer. I am planning to apply again next year and just have a question. I am going to finish my undergraduate degree this year and was wondering if Bond offers places to graduate entry students. Also I was wondering that if I was to be invited for an interview next year, would I need to resit the psychometric test again. Thanks

No, Bond is an undergraduate course, so, with any form of tertiary record (complete or incomplete), you’d be a non-standard applicant, not a graduate entry applicant, and you’d still need to do the full undergraduate degree.

And yes, I believe you would re. the psychometric year, but Bond admissions could answer that definitively.