Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Medicine 2020 discussion

Med2019

Hi guys :) I applied to Bond med in 2019 after finishing year 12, I received an invite for the Psychometric testing but did not receive an interview. I have completed one year of a Biomed degree with a competitive GPA, however I have been reading some posts about Bond not allowing 2020 applicants to resit the test. Im really confused as to how I can apply if I won't be allowed to do the test again as if I didn't get through the first time, having a higher GPA wont change anything if I can't do the test again

sorry if this is confusing :(

Jason990090

Hi guys :) I applied to Bond med in 2019 after finishing year 12, I received an invite for the Psychometric testing but did not receive an interview. I have completed one year of a Biomed degree with a competitive GPA, however I have been reading some posts about Bond not allowing 2020 applicants to resit the test. Im really confused as to how I can apply if I won't be allowed to do the test again as if I didn't get through the first time, having a higher GPA wont change anything if I can't do the test again

sorry if this is confusing :(
I have the exact same issue!
We should ask them these questions at that info session tommorow.

Jesus20

Ucatgirl
Hey everyone,
is there any way to study for the Psychometric test and can fee help only cover 150,000.
Can i apply for anything else to get a loan on more of the payment?
also from previous years what is the lowest atar to get in?
thank u

LMG!

Staff Member of the Year 2019
Hey everyone,
is there any way to study for the Psychometric test and can fee help only cover 150,000.
Can i apply for anything else to get a loan on more of the payment?
also from previous years what is the lowest atar to get in?
thank u
Bond applications aren't open yet.
You can get a personal loan for the rest, but that is a terrible idea because the interest rate will be horrendous. Most people borrow from family (who can borrow against mortgages, have the cash upfront, etc).
Check the collated data interview threads for lowest ATAR to get a psychometric testing invite (which is more useful than offer).

Med2019

I have the exact same issue!
We should ask them these questions at that info session tommorow.
haha yh, I'm so confused because I thought all the steps to admission were independent so if I didn't get through the first time how would I the second time, I'm calling them in a bit to find out. Hopefully this gets sorted out.

Last edited:

Jason990090

haha yh, I'm so confused because I thought all the steps to admission were independent so if I didn't get through the first time how would I the second time, I'm calling them in a bit to find out. Hopefully this gets sorted out.
Post any updates if you hear from the faculty about this issue. Thnx mate.

Ollie17

From reading around I think Bond seem to want to limit people from doing the test 2 years running. Just because you did not get an invite one year does not mean you will not the next. It all depends on the cohort applying. This changes every year. It does however mean you don’t get the chance to practice the test and then try again the following year. Being a personality test you should not need to practice but I guess this is debatable. They should be able to access your results from last year when you apply this year. There is an webinar tomorrow afternoon at 5pm so perhaps this information will be made clear at this time.

Also regarding Psychometric testing for the Graduate Bond course number. From my research on these pages plus PD I have found the following. The GPA necessary (for being offered a test) for those who have not completed their course has been less than for those who have finished. I have seen students with a 5.5+ GPA say they have been offered a test before they finish their course. I have a friend who was offered one with a 5.9+ GPA even though the Bond website suggested 6.0 was the minimum. However once a student has completed their course the GPA needed seems to be higher. The lowest I have seen is 6.12 and 6.15 is the lowest I have seen that went through to interviews after completing the test. My friend was not successful getting a test offer with a 5.9+ GPA last year once he had finished his course. Therefore the number last year must have been between 5.9 and 6.12. If posters would divulge a GPA for an unsuccessful application we would have more information. That said the cohort changes every year so who knows really what it will be this year. There is very limited information online. In fact we don’t really even know how Bond calculates the GPA. I think it must be an average due to the amount of different classifications on the official website but it is not clear. Offers for these graduate places are very competitive due to the small number available.

Jason990090

From reading around I think Bond seem to want to limit people from doing the test 2 years running. Just because you did not get an invite one year does not mean you will not the next. It all depends on the cohort applying. This changes every year. It does however mean you don’t get the chance to practice the test and then try again the following year. Being a personality test you should not need to practice but I guess this is debatable. They should be able to access your results from last year when you apply this year. There is an webinar tomorrow afternoon at 5pm so perhaps this information will be made clear at this time.
Yes but it is sooo dodgy that you cant repeat this test when it is a critical part of the selection stage. Bond are being kinda shifty imo because how else is a student able to demonstrate that they are now a better candidate for the program?
Surely they know that people can improve within 1 year but those of us with degrees cant go back and magically change our GPA's!
This is where I really liked JCU with their written application form process.

Also regarding Psychometric testing for the Graduate Bond course number. From my research on these pages plus PD I have found the following. The GPA necessary (for being offered a test) for those who have not completed their course has been less than for those who have finished. I have seen students with a 5.5+ GPA say they have been offered a test before they finish their course. I have a friend who was offered one with a 5.9+ GPA even though the Bond website suggested 6.0 was the minimum. However once a student has completed their course the GPA needed seems to be higher. The lowest I have seen is 6.12 and 6.15 is the lowest I have seen that went through to interviews after completing the test. My friend was not successful getting a test offer with a 5.9+ GPA last year once he had finished his course. Therefore the number last year must have been between 5.9 and 6.12. If posters would divulge a GPA for an unsuccessful application we would have more information. That said the cohort changes every year so who knows really what it will be this year. There is very limited information online. In fact we don’t really even know how Bond calculates the GPA. I think it must be an average due to the amount of different classifications on the official website but it is not clear. Offers for these graduate places are very competitive due to the small number available.
Yea someone told me theres around 50 people who interview for the grad spots with around 20ish getting in.

Ollie17

Yea someone told me theres around 50 people who interview for the grad spots with around 20ish getting in.
And I’m sure a lot more than 50 apply to do the test.

how do they calculate GPA's for masters by coursework?
Have a look at the website. It really depends how many years you have done and what you have completed but it doesn’t really explain how the actual GPA is calculated. Being a private university they are not part of GEMSES so it’s not like we can assume they calculate using the GEMSES method.

Guys I reckon that we may have a secret member of Bond Medicine staff amongst ourselves.

I will not name name names because I am not certain, but someone in this thread and the other ''main thread'' has legit the exact same sentence structure that I have seen from another very important member of the facility!

dotwingz

MSO's On Sight Carly Rae Jepsen Stan
Guys I reckon that we may have a secret member of Bond Medicine staff amongst ourselves.

I will not name name names because I am not certain, but someone in this thread and the other ''main thread'' has legit the exact same sentence structure that I have seen from another very important member of the facility!
It wouldn't be too outlandish to think that theyre would be members of staff here. I think I remember MSO being referenced on an AMSA document somewhere. Plus i dont think anything is to be gained by impressing or outing this member of staff because its not like theyre gonna push you through for being nice to them on MSO or anything

Jason990090

It wouldn't be too outlandish to think that theyre would be members of staff here. I think I remember MSO being referenced on an AMSA document somewhere. Plus i dont think anything is to be gained by impressing or outing this member of staff because its not like theyre gonna push you through for being nice to them on MSO or anything
In what context did this forum come up in that document? Lol

nourz

Hi guys, can someone tell me if I should apply as an undergrad or postgrad for bond med- I finished my 3 years undergrad last year but my last unit finished in Jan this year and I'm still waiting for the results for that which will come around end of Jan-Feb (so I haven't gotten a final GPA yet and idk if it will be updated by 31st Jan) - what should I do?

LMG!

Hi guys, can someone tell me if I should apply as an undergrad or postgrad for bond med- I finished my 3 years undergrad last year but my last unit finished in Jan this year and I'm still waiting for the results for that which will come around end of Jan-Feb (so I haven't gotten a final GPA yet and idk if it will be updated by 31st Jan) - what should I do?
Have you contacted Bond Med Admissions directly to ask them? They'll be the only ones who can tell you with any degree of authority.

LMG!

Yes I sent them an email haven’t replied for days, just wanted to get other opinions
TBH, I'd phone them. It's much harder for them to ignore/put off responding to a phone call. Even if you get "opinions" from people here, it's never going to be confirmation of what you are required to do, and you'll still need confirmation from Bond, particularly given this could be a key decider in the pathway that your application takes/your overall eligibility. It's definitely NOT something I'd leave to an internet forum.

ucatman

When you do pass the psychometric test and get interview invites, can you choose any day from the ones listed? (25th, 26th and 28th?) Just wanting know, as I get back from overseas on the 24th and it would be a big bugga if I get a 25th invite. I live in Brisbane