Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Medicine 2020 discussion

nightwatchman

Bond University BMS/MD
It is just not feasible for a lot of us to move to the GC in the current environment. I strongly think that classes will be online only for the first 3-4 weeks.
Because most uni's have even gone so far as to cancel their examinations in June so how will bond be able to deliver on campus classes if the situation stays bad?

As someone who has studied epidemiology and infectious diseases pretty extensively in my previous degree, I am willing to bet $100 (message me if you wanna take me up on this bet) that we start on campus learning in around Late June. Yes its probably gonna suck :(
but hopefully they can get stuff running online at least.

Jason990090

As someone who has studied epidemiology and infectious diseases pretty extensively in my previous degree, I am willing to bet $100 (message me if you wanna take me up on this bet) that we start on campus learning in around Late June. Yes its probably gonna suck :(
but hopefully they can get stuff running online at least.
I guess we dont have too many pracs in the first sem so online might not be so bad. But imagine paying 30k in fees for a sem only to have classes via Zoom. LOL.

LMG!

Staff Member of the Year 2019
Hey guys, for the NPC, I've already got one since last year as it was a requirement for my course.

Also, do the quarantine restrictions apply for ppl driving interstate like from NSW to the GC?
I also already had a card before I started Med. Yes, you use the same card, but you will have to get the placement coordinator for Bond added to the list of institutions or places of employment or something. There’s definitely an update you need to do, but you’ll keep the same card.

And yes, the 14 days applies regardless of by which means you arrived in the state.

Hi all,

How realistic is it that our early May start could be delayed to a later time?
I have no direct knowledge but my speculation is that it’s a huge possibility to the point of almost being a certainty.

Axwe8

Bond MD III
It's starting most likely, we are in week 11 at the moment and the first online classroom worked fine. We are using Collaborate not Zoom. It's a Blackboard (iLearn) app.

1st years not many labs. The labs are histology microscopy anyway you will most likely do that online. The 2nd yrs are stuffed cause we did dissections on cadavers last year so rip. The practitioner theme is too hard to speculate, history taking probs won't be on but they might give you past videos to practice for when the virus passes and classes resume. It's just a checklist so learn it up.

The main theory is taught using lectures which are online and recorded anyway, they also have past years lecture recordings available so won't be an issue. The theory starts with what is a cell and parts of a cell and homeostasis metabolism so first few weeks are doable online anyway. I'm guessing a very lenient if at all final exam in August due to disruptions etc... Our current exams are cancelled and ungraded if u wish to compare what level you are at.

Placements (1day in each) might not go on due to the risk to the elderly (aged care placements) which have government restrictions atm. And childcare development placement might be a bit hard too, provided they're even open. But they will probably accommodate the placements when the virus passes so yay.

All can change in the upcoming weeks for everyone. This was like the best case scenario.

st93

Guys just double checking.. is anyone able to enrol yet?
It says I'm enrolled in MEDI-11 101 "Health & Wellbeing Across the Generations Part A" but won't allow me to choose any classes.
My enrolment tab looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 8.37.28 am.png

Any suggestions? Or is everyone in this boat

LMG!

Staff Member of the Year 2019
Guys just double checking.. is anyone able to enrol yet?
It says I'm enrolled in MEDI-11 101 "Health & Wellbeing Across the Generations Part A" but won't allow me to choose any classes.
My enrolment tab looks like this:

View attachment 3347

Any suggestions? Or is everyone in this boat
I’m not sure if Bond is different to elsewhere, but as I understand it, no undergrad Med course allows (or even requires) self-enrolment. The university will facilitate it all for you, so unless Bond do things differently, this is normal and nothing to worry about.

emtee

Lurker
Hey legend, is there any chance you could please let me know what the email address was, because I'm in the exact same situation and unsure who I should be contacting.
Hey! Sorry I didn't get a notification. I just emailed student housing which is student_housing@bond.edu.au

They told me to come up 2 weeks before orientation to self-isolate. But who knows with the current events :/

Reactions: JJS
So...will we be starting in May or not? I don't wanna drive up 2 wks early and self-solate and then learn that uni has been delayed...

font12a

Hey guys do you think that since next sem might be online, I can just stay home for next sem. There is no point paying for uni accommodation when I can learn from home.

Crow

Moderator Band 🦧
I suggest you all contact the Bond faculty for confirmation that it will indeed be running all online before making any important decisions regarding accommodation. It would only be speculation if anyone else answered.

font12a

I suggest you all contact the Bond faculty for confirmation that it will indeed be running all online before making any important decisions regarding accommodation. It would only be speculation if anyone else answered.
Thank you

JJS

Hey guys, thought I'd share this one in the forum just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. This was posted and updated on the website as of this morning the 30th of March. I would recommend just waiting to hear from Bond directly before making any decisions regarding travel and housing for the upcoming semester. Keen to see all you legends as soon as possible!

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 11.38.01 am.png

MANDO

Lurker
Anyone who arrives in Queensland (via air, sea, rail or road) from another State or Territory from 26 March 2020 must self-quarantine for 14 days, unless they are an “exempt person”. Even if a person is an exempt person, they must self-quarantine if they have travelled in the last 14 days to particular areas of Australia, which will be decided by the Chief Health Officer and published on the Queensland Health website.

PLEASE CHECK THE LINK.

Hey guys, thought I'd share this one in the forum just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. This was posted and updated on the website as of this morning the 30th of March. I would recommend just waiting to hear from Bond directly before making any decisions regarding travel and housing for the upcoming semester. Keen to see all you legends as soon as possible!

View attachment 3349
Hey, where did you find this? Can't seem to locate it