Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: General Discussion

S

Sokka

14th Jan 2021 “QTAC applications open” - I don’t think the wording can be less ambiguous than that! ;)
well this is what the link says... where exactly does it say “QTAC applications open”?
1609126056367.jpeg

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Is that the QTAC application or when offers come out? It is referred to as an “intake”, and mid Jan sounds late for applications (I just want to confirm)

Semester one Med doesn’t start until May at Bond so Jan for applications is about on par with other unis. ETA: and it’s called intake because they have (had... it might have been a one off in 2020) a May intake and a September intake.

Med2021

I finished 2 years of uni with a GPA of 5.0 which I think is an ATAR 96.00 cause I couldn't study well with online learning last year.
Do I have any hope of getting a psychometric test? Bond says 96.00 is the minimum but I am worried that I will fall just short of the cutoff.
Thanks!

N

nb

I finished 2 years of uni with a GPA of 5.0 which I think is an ATAR 96.00 cause I couldn't study well with online learning last year.
Do I have any hope of getting a psychometric test? Bond says 96.00 is the minimum but I am worried that I will fall just short of the cutoff.
Thanks!
I mean last year you wouldn't have got the invite. Traditionally above a 97 is needed for the ATAR for the invite. Keep your fingers crossed but I would likely say no...

Med2021

Someone last year said they got invite with a 5.2 after 2 years which is also 96.00...
Guess I just have to wait and see
They convert GPAs to ATAR for selection right? they don't compare raw GPA for undergraduate applicants?

Theres also this in the brochure:

What Year 12 score is the minimum cut off?
To be considered competitive and selected for an interview, an
applicant would need to achieve the following minimum scores:
• Overall Position (OP) of OP 1 - 2;
• Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 99.95 - 96.00; or
• International Baccalaureate score of 45 - 39.

Reactions: nb

Caffeine

Someone last year said they got invite with a 5.2 after 2 years which is also 96.00...
Guess I just have to wait and see
They convert GPAs to ATAR for selection right? they don't compare raw GPA for undergraduate applicants?

Theres also this in the brochure:

What Year 12 score is the minimum cut off?
To be considered competitive and selected for an interview, an
applicant would need to achieve the following minimum scores:
• Overall Position (OP) of OP 1 - 2;
• Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 99.95 - 96.00; or
• International Baccalaureate score of 45 - 39.

Based on what QTAC says I believe it is converted to an ATAR. In terms of a comparison point I would say that if there was 2 applicants for 1 more spot with the exact same converted ATAR who were undergraduate GPA applicants , then Bond would most likely compare the raw GPA of either applicant to determine who to select.

bond99

Bond MD V
Hi there,

I'm Bond99, currently a clinical year student at Bond.

I have been providing assistance to future students on this forum since the last 2 years, and since I've received new direct messages based off my last year's posts, I thought it would be good to post again and help out anyone who has any questions and needs further assistance with psychometric and interviews.

Kind Regards,
Bond99

Med2019

MD 3 Bond University
When applying to QTAC, does bond have to be our first preference? if so can there be more than 1 preference (more than just bond)
Yupp to be eligible for an invite for psychometric I'm pretty sure you need to have Bond as your first preference. I am a current 2nd year med student at Bond so this may have changed for 2021, correct me if I'm wrong :)

You can definitely have more than 1 preference, but Bond has to be your first !
Hope this helps :))