Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: Psychometric Test and Interview Overview

Taurus

Shadowing is a great thing to talk about ! def try integrate it into your answers. for eg if the question is about teamwork you can talk about how the quality is something that is crucial to be a successful healthcare professional and how it is integral to providing the patient with the best possible care. An example of when you were part of a healthcare team or observed one was when you shadowed a dr at so and so ward etc etc. So dont make your experiences the focal point of your answer, show your critical thinking but also show how you are able to relate important qualities to healthcare via your experiences.

Or if you have not done any healthcare volunteering you can still talk about how you were in a uni society/ debate team in highschool/ sports whatever and how a particular experience in that team made you realise how important teamwork is and how you realise that working towards a common goal is very important within a healthcare team and without that you cannot provide your patient with the best possible heath outcomes.

Sorry for the word vomit hehe hope this helps tho :))

Keep the questions coming guys! keen to answer any and all questions you have !
Hi are you from Perth? I am from Perth too. This year done the Bond Med interview and awaiting for results And nervous. How can I send you a e mail or get your contact

Hey guys, big news for any unsuccessful applicants for 2021 entry - Due to a change in test providers (From langley to test grid), all 2022 entry applicants will be required to resit the psychometric testing. Previously, our 2021 results would have been used for 24 months, so this is a pretty dope opportunity. This information was found through emailing Bond's admissions team; I highly recommend you email them with details specific to your application process.

mystery

Hey guys, big news for any unsuccessful applicants for 2021 entry - Due to a change in test providers (From langley to test grid), all 2022 entry applicants will be required to resit the psychometric testing. Previously, our 2021 results would have been used for 24 months, so this is a pretty dope opportunity. This information was found through emailing Bond's admissions team; I highly recommend you email them with details specific to your application process.
Do you know if the test is invigilated? I know for 2021 entry they didn't invigilate, but there were rumours that it will be invigilated this year?

sejkap

Lurker
is this mainly for those who not successful in the interviews?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
is this mainly for those who not successful in the interviews?
No. Psychometric testing is the first step/comes before the interview. For Bond, you are invited to interview on the basis of your psychometric test result.

The above poster is talking about the fact that a change in company administering the psychometric test for Bond means all applicants have the chance (if invited to do so) of sitting the test. This is different to previously where psychometric testing company rules meant some people applying for the second year in a row could not re-sit and had to use their results from the previous years.

sejkap

Lurker
No. Psychometric testing is the first step/comes before the interview. For Bond, you are invited to interview on the basis of your psychometric test result.

The above poster is talking about the fact that a change in company administering the psychometric test for Bond means all applicants have the chance (if invited to do so) of sitting the test. This is different to previously where psychometric testing company rules meant some people applying for the second year in a row could not re-sit and had to use their results from the previous years.
Does that mean there will be more people taking the Psychomteric test this year compared to previous years??

Caffeine

Does that mean there will be more people taking the Psychomteric test this year compared to previous years??
It depends on the number of those applying, I would think it's more likely the academic cut-off will increase rather than the number of those taking the test increasing.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I’d imagine the same amount of ‘invites’ to take the test will be issued, but that 100% of those applicants will be eligible to register with the psychometric testing company and sit the test, as opposed to the past couple of years where a portion would have had their results from the previous year used once again. I believe the numbers typically run that Bond interview twice as many people as they have places on offer, and obtain psychometric test results (new and from the previous year where appropriate) from twice as many applicants as they have interview slots on offer.
(Numbers to illustrate only; 300 for psychometric testing, 150 for interview, 75 places).

I can’t see much changing too drastically, tbh. The same amount of people will be involved in the process, it’s just that all of them will do the psychometric test, rather than a portion having their previous results used by default.

SLP

Bond MD I
It depends on the number of those applying, I would think it's more likely the academic cut-off will increase rather than the number of those taking the test increasing.
Would an ATAR of 98 be competitive (based on previous years) (someone who's done less than 1 FTE at university)

Caffeine

Would an ATAR of 98 be competitive (based on previous years) (someone who's done less than 1 FTE at university)
I would imagine that it would be sufficient but understand that this is speculation only on my part. It would be unlikely to jump that high as the number of applicants remain relatively similar year on year.

Reactions: SLP

Med2019

MD 3 Bond University
Yes that would definitely be competitive! In my cohort even those with atars around 96 have received invites so depending on the pool of applicants (which as mentioned before stays relatively small and of similar atars) my understanding would be that you should receive an invite!

Reactions: SLP

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
What is the lowest post grad GPA bond takes to a psychometric usually
5.8 was the lowest first year GPA we had reported here last year to receive an interview (so definitely received a psychometric test invite, obviously). This would have been combined with an ATAR (which was not provided by the OP).

sejkap

Lurker

Does this mean the ATAR requirement tis year will be higher to get invitation for the Psyc Test??

SLP

Bond MD I
Does this mean the ATAR requirement tis year will be higher to get invitation for the Psyc Test??
iirc, what was said on another thread was that they will most likely invite approximately the same number of people for the psychometric test, so the cutoff shouldn't change, but if it does, it will be minimal (nothing too drastic). From what I've heard, a 97 ATAR would be around competitive, but it all depends on the cohort in a given year, to be honest.