Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: Psychometric Test

Terron Beckham

Bond Med V
I am planning to apply to the Bond Medical Program for 2018 entry.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knew more about the psychometric testing.

I know from the website that Bond University will use one of the external providers that are used for the Fire, Ambulance, Police etc. I searched the providers that are used by the ambulance and fire but the providers didn't provide much information about the test.

I also emailed Bond asking about the test but they said that there are no ways for a student to prepare for this test as it simply evaluates emotional and psychological intelligence.

If anyone has found any credible emotional intelligence tests or has more information about this test, please let me know :)

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
There's an emotional intelligence test out there that about 20000 people take each year - it's called the UMAT, and about 1/3 of the test is focused on this aspect.

chinaski

If anyone has found any credible emotional intelligence tests or has more information about this test, please let me know :)

Have you tried Google? There's a plethora of information about psychometric aptitude testing out there, and any number of "credible" instruments.

jiaxing

Hey everyone,

I am a non-standard applicant and my current GPA is 6.3.
I'm aspiring to apply for B Medical Studies at Bond next year.
Can anybody who has sat the Psychometric test guide me as to what GPA they accepted for the Psychometric Test, and what the Test is like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

namida

ms-owesome
Hey everyone!

In reference to Bond's psychometric testing, I was wondering how similar it is to the UMAT/UCAT? By taking a gander on their website it seems to be more oriented around emotional and social skills as opposed to processing information as well.

Also, if anyone has any resources they would like to share to "practice" :p for this test, I was wondering whether they could please share them here? I will be sure to do the same if I find any.

Thanks everyone and have a happy new year!

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi namida, please take a look at the first post in this thread.

My understanding is, as you've mentioned, that the test is mainly centered around emotional and psychological intelligence rather than it being an aptitude or logic test, per se. I don't believe it's really something that you can prepare for; rather, the questions will more ask how you would react in a certain situation etc. I'd say in this regard it may have some similarities to UMAT S2 or the SJT section of the UCAT, but would certainly be different in its own right.

Hopefully Terron Beckham or another current Bond med student that has actually sat the testing can weigh in further, though.

Happy New Year to you as well!

Sid J

sidarthavader906
Hi,
I'm interested in doing the medicine course starting either this year or next year. I'm currently enrolled at Macquarie University doing Clinical Science and finished my first year. However, I did complete one year of Pharmacy at the University of Sydney in 2017. My current degree is accelerated and the completion of my first year is equivalent to 1.5 years of university. I finish Clinical science at the end of this year. My current GPA is 6.58 and my WAM at USYD Pharmacy was 70. I'm certain that I meet all the other prerequisites.

Does anyone know if my GPA only from my current degree be counted for me to be considered? Or will they also use my grades from my first pharmacy year and average them with my current ones? If so, is there any weighting difference between the two?

Cheers.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi,
I'm interested in doing the medicine course starting either this year or next year. I'm currently enrolled at Macquarie University doing Clinical Science and finished my first year. However, I did complete one year of Pharmacy at the University of Sydney in 2017. My current degree is accelerated and the completion of my first year is equivalent to 1.5 years of university. I finish Clinical science at the end of this year. My current GPA is 6.58 and my WAM at USYD Pharmacy was 70. I'm certain that I meet all the other prerequisites.

Does anyone know if my GPA only from my current degree be counted for me to be considered? Or will they also use my grades from my first pharmacy year and average them with my current ones? If so, is there any weighting difference between the two?

Cheers.

If you’ve done less than two years of tertiary study, then Bond use your ATAR in combo with your GPA. Given this, I’d say they will definitely use both your tertiary results. I’d imagine they’ll use GPA rather than WAM, which you can figure out yourself. There’s no weighting difference for first vs second year, etc, so your total GPA will likely be the GPA they use.

Best of luck.

B2

I am planning to apply to the Bond Medical Program for 2018 entry.

I know from the website that Bond University will use one of the external providers that are used for the Fire, Ambulance, Police etc. I searched the providers that are used by the ambulance and fire but the providers didn't provide much information about the test.

I also emailed Bond asking about the test but they said that there are no ways for a student to prepare for this test as it simply evaluates emotional and psychological intelligence.

Hey everyone!

In reference to Bond's psychometric testing, I was wondering how similar it is to the UMAT/UCAT? By taking a gander on their website it seems to be more oriented around emotional and social skills as opposed to processing information as well.

Also, if anyone has any resources they would like to share to "practice" :p for this test, I was wondering whether they could please share them here? I will be sure to do the same if I find any.

Thanks everyone and have a happy new year!

As already said, if you search up psychometric testing, there is a lot of information about the test. Best to look at what they are assessing, how they will assess it and why they are asking these particular questions. This may give you clues on how to answer these questions and are probably better than actually practicing qs. However, there are a lot of free tests you can find on google as well.

Hey everyone,

I am a non-standard applicant and my current GPA is 6.3.
I'm aspiring to apply for B Medical Studies at Bond next year.
Can anybody who has sat the Psychometric test guide me as to what GPA they accepted for the Psychometric Test, and what the Test is like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6.3 will be enough for a test invite. Regarding the test itself, see above !

Hi,

Cheers.

Since you have completed more than 2 years of university, only the GPA from your most recent year will be looked at. 6.58 will be enough to score you a spot in the test !

Sid J

sidarthavader906
As already said, if you search up psychometric testing, there is a lot of information about the test. Best to look at what they are assessing, how they will assess it and why they are asking these particular questions. This may give you clues on how to answer these questions and are probably better than actually practicing qs. However, there are a lot of free tests you can find on google as well.

6.3 will be enough for a test invite. Regarding the test itself, see above !

Since you have completed more than 2 years of university, only the GPA from your most recent year will be looked at. 6.58 will be enough to score you a spot in the test !
Aww man, that's a encouraging! I was getting pretty worried. Thanks for clarifying B2! Appreciate it.

B2

Answering the few qs i have gotten !
1. Are there multiple tests conducted, and if so, which topics do these tests cover?
No, only 1 test conducted. It is called the MSCEIT. If you search this up, you will get plenty of information.

2. I know that this is a test that you can't really study for or doesn't have any 'right answers', so how does Bond/the testing company determine your eligibility?
The answers are subjective and determine the sort of characteristics your personality display. Therefore the answers they are looking for are obviously prechosen to generate a specific character profile. If this was used for the police academy, the prechosen answers would be different reflecting a different character profile for the job. Therefore, no correct answer and doing practice qs wont help :)

3. With my ATAR of 97.45, do you think that I have a chance of getting a place in the testing? Are there any bonus points available for certain subjects? (not rural)
97.45 in the past wouldnt have stood a chance but with the test, you have a decent chance of a place.

tm2001

Will 97.9 be enough for a call to the test?
Also if there's anyone who did the test last year how did you find it?

Thanks

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator

Thanks

It was enough last year, so I’d say you’ll be fine. I can’t help with the second part, sorry.

James Robinson

Bond MD II

Thanks

This is a test you cannot prepare for by any means and in terms of taking the test its actually really easy. Simple questions, nothing that can really confuse you and it's just up to how you would respond to either a certain scenario or some abstract images etc.

No one is able to click finish and say 'yay I did great' I remember when I finished it I had no clue what was going to happen next but I ended up getting an interview and then an offer. It's all up to how the others perform and how your answers match up to an ideal personality type.

Just gotta log in and do it tbh, nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:

namida

ms-owesome
Hi Everyone,

I have received some new information about the Bond psychometric test. They'll undertake two tests, and they are the MSCEIT (as mentioned by B2) and the 16PF Questionnaire. Good luck to all!

(Source: Bond University website and Revelian (testing company for the psychometric test) website)