Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: Accommodation and Lifestyle Options

I know it's still really early days but I was wondering if any current Bond students had advice/insight about accommodation, life in GC, the structure of the course, etc.

Hi!,

im probs not the best person to offer course structure info as it has changed considerably since I was in 1st year
However,in terms of accommodation - some people choose to live on campus and move away later
I have lived off campus - on that note - I live in an apartment complex right next to Bond (2min walk from HSM building) and am looking for a roommate - if you are interested or have any Qs in general, feel free to contact me

SapumalG

If any current Bond students know about the status of bike racks (Like availability and security of them) that'd be really helpful! I live near Somerset College so I'm considering cycling to Bond rather than drive or take 2 buses, so any info would be great!

TH1124

Lurker
Hey guys I'm pretty new to this but I got an offer this year and can't wait to meet you all. Just quickly what's everyone doing in regards to accommodation?? I'm tossing over options

Med2019

MD 3 Bond University
Hey guys I'm pretty new to this but I got an offer this year and can't wait to meet you all. Just quickly what's everyone doing in regards to accommodation?? I'm tossing over options
Hey ! I'm currently thinking of getting on campus accomodation, most probably a twin share cause I've heard its great to make friends and get to know more people :)

Make an account with Bond university student housing portal and I think we have to wait till Friday because that's when the on campus accommodation bookings open for the May intake (us).

I honestly don't know whether to live in a single ensuite or in a premium share. 😬 I feel like the only best way is to go and see for ourselves.

Any current Bond med students have any suggestions?

TH1124

Lurker
Hey ! I'm currently thinking of getting on campus accomodation, most probably a twin share cause I've heard its great to make friends and get to know more people :)
Sweet! In a perfect world I'd love to get some on campus accommodation for that reason, only thing I'm worried about it the cost 😬 but guess it'll be expensive either way

I_love_curry

Bond MD V
Make an account with Bond university student housing portal and I think we have to wait till Friday because that's when the on campus accommodation bookings open for the May intake (us).

I honestly don't know whether to live in a single ensuite or in a premium share. 😬 I feel like the only best way is to go and see for ourselves.

A premium share I think consists of having your own bedroom, but sharing toilets with someone else. I personally prefer to have my own bathroom, so I chose to go with single ensuite. At Bond, you can pick accommodation between South Tower, North Tower, Accommodation Centre (AC) and the Halls of Residence (Blocks).

South Tower - Single ensuite rooms that are newly refurbished. Looks amazing and you get a double bed rather than the normal single. But its the priciest (~6k with the meal plan). Close to the med building and lakeside (where you eat).

AC - A lot of med kids are in AC alongside a lot of international exchange students. Have the option for a single ensuite, premium share and whatnot. Close to the gym and library.

North Tower - Same as AC but not too many med kids. Close to the gym and library.

Blocks - Avoid at all costs haha. My experience staying here was very negative. You can choose to have your own bedroom but share 3 toilets and showers between 8-10 people. Very noisy and is known to be the party central. You can also choose to live in the "flats" here which consists of you having your own room but sharing a bathroom with your flatmates. Also the only place at Bond which provides a hot plate so you can cook your own food. Otherwise, cheapest place to live and closest to the med building.

A lot of people have secured rooms at South Tower, North Tower and AC as the room move portal opened yesterday for current Bond students and the room renewal portal closed on Friday for current students too. You'll be lucky to get a single ensuite room tbh. Best bet would be the share rooms at AC or North Tower and then the Blocks. South Tower is normally the hardest to get since everyone wants a room there.

A premium share I think consists of having your own bedroom, but sharing toilets with someone else. I personally prefer to have my own bathroom, so I chose to go with single ensuite. At Bond, you can pick accommodation between South Tower, North Tower, Accommodation Centre (AC) and the Halls of Residence (Blocks).

South Tower - Single ensuite rooms that are newly refurbished. Looks amazing and you get a double bed rather than the normal single. But its the priciest (~6k with the meal plan). Close to the med building and lakeside (where you eat).

AC - A lot of med kids are in AC alongside a lot of international exchange students. Have the option for a single ensuite, premium share and whatnot. Close to the gym and library.

North Tower - Same as AC but not too many med kids. Close to the gym and library.

Blocks - Avoid at all costs haha. My experience staying here was very negative. You can choose to have your own bedroom but share 3 toilets and showers between 8-10 people. Very noisy and is known to be the party central. You can also choose to live in the "flats" here which consists of you having your own room but sharing a bathroom with your flatmates. Also the only place at Bond which provides a hot plate so you can cook your own food. Otherwise, cheapest place to live and closest to the med building.

A lot of people have secured rooms at South Tower, North Tower and AC as the room move portal opened yesterday for current Bond students and the room renewal portal closed on Friday for current students too. You'll be lucky to get a single ensuite room tbh. Best bet would be the share rooms at AC or North Tower and then the Blocks. South Tower is normally the hardest to get since everyone wants a room there.

Thanks for that!! Yeh, I would prefer my own bathroom haha. I'm currently living in an ensuite apartment with my own room and bathroom but a shared living and kitchen space at my uni. Unfortunately, I don't think Bond offers an accommodation style like that lol.

I think applications for new intake opens on Fri 13th of March according to the portal, so I guess I gotta rush into applying for the South Tower or the AC if there are rooms left lmao.

Med2019

MD 3 Bond University
Sweet! In a perfect world I'd love to get some on campus accommodation for that reason, only thing I'm worried about it the cost 😬 but guess it'll be expensive either way
yeah totally ! my parents and I did a bitta research and its kinda the same thing or even more in terms of cost if you want to live somewhere decent but I guess it just comes down to personal preference

I_love_curry

Bond MD V
Man its kinda weird how there is no cooking allowed on campus and that we gotta buy a dining plan. As a person who likes to cook, that's a major issue for me.

I think i'll settle for a share house near the uni instead. Can any current bond students tell us what is this "dining plan"?

Does it include 3x meals a day for the whole semester?

The dining plan is a certain amount of money ($2000 minimum) added to your student ID. You use it to buy food whenever from lakeside. You can also use it at the cafes around Bond (namely in the Law library and the Med building) and at Bond Express which is like a little convenience store on campus. Some students at the end of the semester splurge at University Club (very expensive restaurant) if they have a lot of money left over.

The dining plan is a certain amount of money ($2000 minimum) added to your student ID. You use it to buy food whenever from lakeside. You can also use it at the cafes around Bond (namely in the Law library and the Med building) and at Bond Express which is like a little convenience store on campus. Some students at the end of the semester splurge at University Club (very expensive restaurant) if they have a lot of money left over.
How many healthy and nutritious options are there on the Dining Card?

anonbu

Thanks for that!! Yeh, I would prefer my own bathroom haha. I'm currently living in an ensuite apartment with my own room and bathroom but a shared living and kitchen space at my uni. Unfortunately, I don't think Bond offers an accommodation style like that lol.

I think applications for new intake opens on Fri 13th of March according to the portal, so I guess I gotta rush into applying for the South Tower or the AC if there are rooms left lmao.
Hey, im a current med student living on campus. All the south tower rooms are taken. And most of AC is being renovated. Im currently looking to move off with a first year into a 2 bedroom. Inbox me if you're keen or have any questions :)

I'm a current med student living on campus and i NEED to cook my own food lol. cant take lakeside no more. If you're looking to move out into a 2 bedroom pm me :)

Hey, im a current med student been living on campus for a while now. Living in a share is so fun, but it can definitely get quite frustrating not having your own space as the rooms can be quite small. Single ensuite are scarce at the moment as they're renovating a fair few rooms in AC. If you're keen on living off campus or want more information pm me :)

I'm a current med student who's been living on campus for a while now. They're renovating one of the buildings and im being forced to move. If anyone is keen on moving 4km from campus into a 2 bedroom apartment pm me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo guys I spoke with the accommodation faculty today. It isn’t first in first dressed lol. It’s just at 12pm today, the application portal opens and they will take 3-5 days to process and approve it, where they will then email you back with confirmation and the ability to choose what room you want.
The lady also told me to not fret if there aren’t any rooms of your preference left. She said if you’re willing to stay on campus, select whatever’s available as spots will decrease.

Med2019

MD 3 Bond University
hey guys ! I just submitted the student housing application but there was no option to select what building you wanted to stay in/ what room type you wanted. Do we select this once our application has been successful / email them our choices or do we not get to choose at all?

hey guys ! I just submitted the student housing application but there was no option to select what building you wanted to stay in/ what room type you wanted. Do we select this once our application has been successful / email them our choices or do we not get to choose at all?
Yup. I mentioned this in the accommodation thread.

DoReMi

This may be a really dumb question regarding the on-campus accommodation dining plan. But, do we have to pay the $2000 (to be deposited into the student ID) on top of the $3,075 for the single room-shared bathroom cost. Or is the $2000 dining plan included in the $3,075?

I hope that makes sense 😁

Med2019

MD 3 Bond University
This may be a really dumb question regarding the on-campus accommodation dining plan. But, do we have to pay the $2000 (to be deposited into the student ID) on top of the $3,075 for the single room-shared bathroom cost. Or is the $2000 dining plan included in the $3,075?

I hope that makes sense 😁
hey from my knowledge, the 2000$ dining plan is seperate and not included in the room price.