Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bonded Medical Places and Deferment

I don't know if this thread has been made before, if so my bad

I received a bonded medical place at Adelaide university for 2018, and received the Letter of Offer email to fill out a SmartForm within four weeks of receiving that email in order to get my Deed of Agreement, and if I don't respond within two weeks my place in the medical course will lapse.

I've deferred the offer for 2019 and did not fill out this form, does this matter? Do I still get one for 2019? I've already enrolled for Adelaide for 2019.

Sorry after, realising this it's stressing me out a lot :confused::(

I didn't fill out the SmartForm at the start of the year because I did a year of Curtin med first but was about to withdraw from the course.

A1

Rookie Doc
I've deferred the offer for 2019

Did you receive a confirmation from SATAC/UAdel that the deferral was approved?

Do I still get one for 2019? I've already enrolled for Adelaide for 2019

If you have not received an offer for 2019 (from your deferral) how were you able to enroll?

and did not fill out this form, does this matter?

This itself should not matter, we believe the form is only required when you start the med course.

A word of caution: a few med schools make it a condition of deferral not to study at another uni during the defer period. It seems UAdel doesn't have this clause but I suggest you double check with UAdel (about your year at Curtin) before withdrawing from Curtin.

I deferred at the beginning of the year and deferral was approved and received an email to enrol for 2019 in November.

I have also confirmed with Adelaide about starting another degree first and they said it was fine.

Regarding the bonded form then, would I just get another email in 2019 for me to fill it out?

It did say in the Letter of Offer for the bonded place that my offer would lapse if I didn’t respond and I didn’t respond at the beginning of the year. That’s what got me a bit spooked

I can upload the pdf of the letter if need be.

A1

Rookie Doc
I deferred at the beginning of the year and deferral was approved and received an email to enrol for 2019 in November.
I have also confirmed with Adelaide about starting another degree first and they said it was fine.

All good then.

Regarding the bonded form then, would I just get another email in 2019 for me to fill it out?

Let's hope they forget about this, then you are still in med through the enrolment but not bound to a BMP contract.

It did say in the Letter of Offer for the bonded place that my offer would lapse if I didn’t respond and I didn’t respond at the beginning of the year. That’s what got me a bit spooked.

Did they mention this again in the offer for 2019?
Again let's hope they've forgotten about it ;)

So it doesn’t matter that I didn’t give in the form to get the DoA at the beginning of the year?

Damn, if I known I wouldn’t have emailed the BMPEnrolment :lol:

And yeah I’ve finished my enrolment for Adelaide and the account is all set up too

A1

Rookie Doc
if I don't respond within two weeks my place in the medical course will lapse

Evidently your place offer has not lapsed since they approved your deferral and have asked you to enroll for 2019.

Couldn't omitting this cause problems down the track if they find out it should have been a bonded offer?

If find out later they can let you sign one then.
You can argue since the notice to enroll for 2019 doesn't mention this how would you know; it's not your fault.

Hi, I've accepted a BMP offer from Adelaide and have enrolled but haven't signed the agreement. When and where exactly do I have to do this? I couldn't find any indication of it while I was enrolling and registering my place in the course.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi, I've accepted a BMP offer from Adelaide and have enrolled but haven't signed the agreement. When and where exactly do I have to do this? I couldn't find any indication of it while I was enrolling and registering my place in the course.
It varies between unis, but don’t be surprised if you don’t hear anything until the latter half of this year. I believe it’s just signed by distance and uploaded onto a portal.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads