Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Book you are currently reading

kloudsurfer

Do graphic novels count? Im reading 'The Dark Phoenix Saga'. Man i miss the days when Chris Claremont was good.
And of course noone knows what im talking about, but im used to that lol.

Leafie

Finished The Da Vinci Code. I liked all the puzzles scattered throughout...very nice but I thought the ending was a bit abrupt...although you could kind of see it coming. It really didn't feel like 400 odd pages though...man, now i want to be a cryptographer! :D
I liked the book too! I had a pen and paper with me when reading the book and wrote down all the clues. His other books are pretty good too.

Leafie

I found Digital Fortress to be the book I liked best by Dan Brown. But that guy is so 2006 now.
haha, yeah i liked that book too. But i read that after the D Code so i didn't get as much excitement out of it lol. Now i'm deprived of good books. Recommend any?

Arutha

haha, yeah i liked that book too. But i read that after the D Code so i didn't get as much excitement out of it lol. Now i'm deprived of good books. Recommend any?
If you like fantasy I recommend Magician by Raymond Feist. Brilliant.

Last edited:

SharingIsCovalent

I'm undecided on what to read first a) The historian b) The Gargoyle c) Perfume or d) Case histories...

Might start with b
The Historian is the best vampire book I've ever read *pokes tongue out at Twilight lovers*
I got it from a friend for my birthday... one of the best presents ever!

I found Digital Fortress to be the book I liked best by Dan Brown. But that guy is so 2006 now.
Yes, yay for digital fortress
The Da Vinci Code was kinda boring....

Motion seconded

Last edited:

SharingIsCovalent

you didn't see anything...

Last edited:

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Go with Perfume. The book is heaps better than the movie, as well. Good read, I promise.

Oh, and I've started reading Watchmen (movie coming out this year, squeeee!!!!) which is a graphic novel (it's not a comicbook at all guys, seriously >_>) so it counts.

Do graphic novels count? Im reading 'The Dark Phoenix Saga'. Man i miss the days when Chris Claremont was good.
And of course noone knows what im talking about, but im used to that lol.

Hrmmpph. :mad:

The Historian is the best vampire book I've ever read *pokes tongue out at Twilight lovers*

Yeah? I'll have to look into it, I'm a bit of a fan of vampires. I hope the new Underworld movie is alright, on that note.

Freaky and wtf short stories: Everything's eventual by Stephen King o_O
A classic: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Shows us our uglier side.

Atm I am reading Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind.

Have you read any of David Eddings? I quite liked his belgariad series but the rest of his series had become very formulaic

I love Stephen Kings Green Mile series...still spoked by the IT movie and wont go near clowns EVER

Gee Sharing is Covalent...I was all sussed on reading Perfume and here you are making me all indecisive AGAIN :p Historian will be the second...on a vampire note, have you ever read any Anita Blake novels? I have the first of the series somewhere in the loft and wondered is it one to add to my book marathon...

SharingIsCovalent

on a vampire note, have you ever read any Anita Blake novels?

oooh, no...
well, i'm off to the library to check them out!

another vampire series that was good
Christopher Pike - The Last Vampire

i found the character original
but it sort of died in the third book for me...
(but that might've been cos the book had a booger in it!)
(gah, library books... *shakes head*)

most of pike's stuff is awesome
a bit violent, but pretty good

theangelofdarkness

International Member of Mystery
Emeritus Staff
I will read Perfume at some point soon.

Now that I'm in Norwayland, I'm thinking I should read some Ibsen, huh?

Pineapple

'Salem's Lot by Stephen King is a thrilling vampire story. It is so scary, I was still scared a week after reading it, but maybe thats just me... Stephen King is no doubt one of the writers that can scare the **** out of anyone...geez

SharingIsCovalent

'Salem's Lot by Stephen King is a thrilling vampire story. It is so scary, I was still scared a week after reading it, but maybe thats just me... Stephen King is no doubt one of the writers that can scare the **** out of anyone...geez

I'll definately have a look at that!

(I haven't read many books that give me goosebumps, etc)