Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Centrelink for JMP as a second degree

j95m

Has anyone done JMP as their second degree? I'm just wondering if I will be able to get Youth Allowance while doing this degree after having completed my bachelors, I had a look and it looks like you can get Centrelink if it's a higher level degree. Not sure if the first 3 years count for this degree as they are a bachelors degree. Has anyone been in the same situation?

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Yes you can, if you otherwise qualify for Youth Allowance.

Has anyone done JMP as their second degree? I'm just wondering if I will be able to get Youth Allowance while doing this degree after having completed my bachelors, I had a look and it looks like you can get Centrelink if it's a higher level degree. Not sure if the first 3 years count for this degree as they are a bachelors degree. Has anyone been in the same situation?
I'm currently in this boat. I wasn't eligible for any centrelink allowances. I was told that I should be able to receive centrelink once the BMedSci portion is complete and the MD begins.

A1

Rookie Doc
I'm currently in this boat. I wasn't eligible for any centrelink allowances. I was told that I should be able to receive centrelink once the BMedSci portion is complete and the MD begins.

I believe it depends on your age. Up to 24yo you are eligible for YA including for a second Bach degree. From 25+yo it's Austudy with different rules.

See the Table 1 > 3.2.7.110 YA Full-time Students Satisfactory Progress - Study at the Same Level | Social Security Guide

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads