Changing Interview Times

Discussion in 'Interviews' started by tealcanvas, Oct 26, 2017.

1. tealcanvas

tealcanvas New Member

Hey!
    I have a question about asking universities if you can change interview times.
    I received an interview for JMP for 1st December, and also one for Western Sydney for 25th January. The problem is since I live in NZ, I will have to fly over twice. I have heard that the majority of interviews would be conducted in typically late January for out-of-state applicants. Would it be worthwhile to ask JMP if I can change my interview time? Or would the reason not be good enough? I understand that the schools do spend a lot of work organizing these interviews, getting together all the interviewers etc. but I know that JMP has a later interview date on the 29th January which would be much more convenient for me. I'm a little hesitant about asking them if I can change interview times though because I have heard that there have been people who have asked for an interview time change and have then had the schools telling them straight-up to just not bother turning up. Has anyone had this situation before and how have they dealt with it? Please let me know :)

2. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    That's unusual since JMP's December round is for NSW/ACT/QLD plus all rural applicants, the rest do the Jan round.
    Did you apply as a rural or have they mistaken you for rural?

3. tealcanvas

tealcanvas New Member

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I just checked my application and I am pretty certain I didn't apply as a rural. Nothing in my application or in the interview email they sent me mentioned anything about being a rural applicant either. I just checked for the website and for the December interview round it simply states

27 Nov - 8 Dec
    University of Newcastle/University of New England interview

although for the January round it does have

22 – 23
    University of Newcastle/University of New England interviews for interstate non-rural applicants only

4. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    Call JMP, if they have made a mistake you have good reasons to request for Jan round instead.

5. tealcanvas

tealcanvas New Member

Will definitely do that, thanks for letting me know :)

6. JordanMike

JordanMike GPA

IT Expert
    Hi if you didn't know about this schedule then you can have a valid reason to get the time from JMP..You can request the panel and go through interview for Jan round instead.