Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Charles Sturt Dentistry 2016

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Hi @Hopeful16, that is a very good question and you will need to contact CSU for this. In previous years offers were made via email. Since it is done through UAC, I am unsure how the preference list may affect notifying applicants especially with the different round dates.

cc101

I got rejection for csu dentistry. Is there any possibility that I can be considered for future round of offers considering that main round of offers is on 20/01/2016?

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I got rejection for csu dentistry. Is there any possibility that I can be considered for future round of offers considering that main round of offers is on 20/01/2016?
Rejection?? I think so

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Following the interviews a list of the highest ranked students were provided to UAC and a number of offers made in the early round on 3 Dec 2015. We will continue to offer places to the next highest ranked applicants in each subsequent UAC offer round until all places are filled.
That's from my email

Hi, I didn't receive an offer in the December round because CSU was second on my preferences on UAC,
Now I got a 98.95 atar and I was confident abt my interview, do u think I have a chance for the 5th Jan round?
Also do we have to put CSU as first preference by 5th Jan or 2nd of Jan?
Thanks

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Hi, I didn't receive an offer in the December round because CSU was second on my preferences on UAC,
Now I got a 98.95 atar and I was confident abt my interview, do u think I have a chance for the 5th Jan round?
Also do we have to put CSU as first preference by 5th Jan or 2nd of Jan?
Thanks
What? We have to put CSU as first preference???? I want to be considered for CSU dent still, if I don't get my higher preferences.. But rn CSU is my 7th pref I think..

What? We have to put CSU as first preference???? I want to be considered for CSU dent still, if I don't get my higher preferences.. But rn CSU is my 7th pref I think..
Not sure, I missed on December round bcz it was my second preference! I dont know how this round works! It sucks that the University doesnt clarify the process!

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Not sure, I missed on December round bcz it was my second preference! I dont know how this round works! It sucks that the University doesnt clarify the process!
Yeah it was never my first preference :/ oh well i think UAC will offer your highest preference that you're eligible for.. isn't that how it works? Ive been told it doesn't matter how you preference it, you still get considered and you'll be offered if you're competitive.

cc101

Yeah it was never my first preference :/ oh well i think UAC will offer your highest preference that you're eligible for.. isn't that how it works? Ive been told it doesn't matter how you preference it, you still get considered and you'll be offered if you're competitive.
MedDent101 is right. You will be considered for your highest preference. UAC will offer you your highest preference for which you have been selected for.

Does anyone know if CSU is participating in the 5th of Jan round?
Like does it have to be first by tonight
Or by 6th of Jan to be considered for 20th Jan?????

Plzzzzzz helppppppp

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Does anyone know if CSU is participating in the 5th of Jan round?
Like does it have to be first by tonight
Or by 6th of Jan to be considered for 20th Jan?????

Plzzzzzz helppppppp
They probably will give out offers when people reject their early offers, probably 20th? Dont think it "has" to be your first preference, but if you put it as your second preference and you've been offered your first already then theres no way you'll be offered your second.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I'm curious, if CSU dentistry is the only undergrad course in NSW, what are applicants putting as their first preference if its not dentistry? medicine?

cc101

UAC website states "Your chance of being selected for a particular course is not decreased because you placed a course as a lower order preference. Similarly, you won't be selected for a course just because you entered that course as a higher order preference."

Reactions: MD