Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Chatbox removal discussion

A1

Rookie Doc
... Regular users can no longer edit or delete their posts.

Thanks Ben for the improvement work.

There may be a problem with us not allowed to edit posts with legit reasons though. Last year I provided some info in a post which I realised 2-3 days later was incorrect, so a correction was posted (but it appeared on a separate later page). Someone this year searched and started using the incorrect info, prompting me to revisit & edit it out instead.

If we cannot edit our posts the same mishap may occur again.

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
Thanks Ben for the improvement work.

There may be a problem with us not allowed to edit posts with legit reasons though. Last year I provided some info in a post which I realised 2-3 days later was incorrect, so a correction was posted (but it appeared on a separate later page). Someone this year searched and started using the incorrect info, prompting me to revisit & edit it out instead.

If we cannot edit our posts the same mishap may occur again.

Sorry, this is meant to be with respect to the hatbox only - you should still be able to edit/delete your own posts if you have >5 posts.

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Just as a clarification thus far regarding gold stars: If you were awarded a gold star, I would have posted a message on your profile similar to "This is to certify that I, Mana, award you one gold star for your winning entry in the _____".

Currently there are only active three gold stars on MSO (Bestintheworld, May, and myself... though the one I have is a bit redundant) unless one of the old members with a gold star from AGES ago comes back and chooses to redeem it.

For those wondering when the next gold star is up for grabs, it can be found at http://medstudentsonline.com.au/forum/posts/299621/

D

Dazzy

Hi benn, can we have the ability to change our sigs? thanks.

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
Hi benn, can we have the ability to change our sigs? thanks.

I would love to be able to give you this ability back, but I can't seem to enable it on the current xenforo software. I will look into it again this evening and see what I can do.

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
So has mine :)

But I'd be no where near 50 posts so it's adios from me. Bye everyone.

I feel like this is exactly the two-tier system that I didn't want in the first place.

Edit: I feel like this is the point where my gold star becomes non-redundant. @bennjamin - I would like to redeem the gold star for chatbox privileges for LMG.

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
I feel like this is exactly the two-tier system that I didn't want in the first place.

Edit: I feel like this is the point where my gold star becomes non-redundant. @bennjamin - I would like to redeem the gold star for chatbox privileges for LMG.

Done.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator

WOW. Thank you, Mana!! I was just wondering how on Earth I was going to wile away the hours this evening! Seriously, though. Thank you :)

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff

@Mana : I agree with your comment to an extent but I think this also shows how much us, members love the chatbox and further supports my claim of 'chatbox is an excellent platform for social activities and that we love it'. :)

Anyone with me?

iStudent

Thanks! :)

Can the post requirement be lowered though? 50 is a lot for a forum that is not that active (which I know is the problem itself, but it's hard to reach 50 without spamming unnecessary posts) - especially when just something like 3-7 posts are made everyday in the entire forum.

Last edited: