Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Chatbox removal discussion

D

Dazzy

A lot of people are now spamming and making unnecessary posts and derailing some threads so I think mods should be able to tag a post as off-topic or something?

@bennjamin

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
why did u guys do this??

We essentially reverted it back to the old hatbox rules. This was done for a number of reasons, as outlined in this thread. We'd love to have you (and others) back on! Just contribute a few posts to the forum :)

GV

It's a little comforting knowing the gen public can't just see hatbox without signing in now too. Thanks to the great staff team for being so receptive to the community feedback :)

A1

Rookie Doc
Hatbox is only useable for users with >50 posts.

I suggest to change this requirement to [number of posts] times [number of member days] = 3000.

So, 10 posts over a year or 50 posts over 2 months etc.

or 400 posts in a week see if someone has the appetite for it haha.

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
I suggest to change this requirement to [number of posts] times [number of member days] = 3000.

So, 10 posts over a year or 50 posts over 2 months etc.

or 400 posts in a week see if someone has the appetite for it haha.

I like the idea but unfortunately don't have the ability to do implement a dynamic post count requirement.

The post count requirement will likely change in the upcoming week - at present 50 posts is a trial for the week.

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Thanks! :)

Can the post requirement be lowered though? 50 is a lot for a forum that is not that active (which I know is the problem itself, but it's hard to reach 50 without spamming unnecessary posts) - especially when just something like 3-7 posts are made everyday in the entire forum.

Hi iStudent, got any tips?

iStudent

Hi May, nope I don't :(

You miss them don't you? xD

Actually, what sort of tips are you looking for? But first, let's move this discussion to an appropriate thread =D

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Hi May, nope I don't :(

You miss them don't you? xD

Actually, what sort of tips are you looking for? But first, let's move this discussion to an appropriate thread =D

How to get a high S1 to apply for JMP haha, where shall we take this discussion to? Ps. Can you access hatbox?

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
This thread has been closed as the changes have been implemented.

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
After some discussion with the other Admins (Isuru) we have decided to lower the post-count to 25. This still means that there is a requirement of good-quality posts to get access but makes it more accessible to those using the forum.

Again, this is subject to change and feedback is always appreciated!

Last edited: