Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

[Grad] Clinical pharmacy student, wants to study medicine

abod

Lurker
Hello. I am studying clinical pharmacy at Cairo university. It's not what I like to study and I was wondering if it's possible to apply to graduate medicine after I gain my 5-year clinical pharmacy degree. What are the programs? Is it possible to study something similar to mbbs that would qualify me to work as a surgeon? thanks in advance.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
There are a few grad entry programs around Australia. Have a look at our guides here on MSO for all the requirements for the different universities :)

Nokia123

Hello. I am studying clinical pharmacy at Cairo university. It's not what I like to study and I was wondering if it's possible to apply to graduate medicine after I gain my 5-year clinical pharmacy degree. What are the programs? Is it possible to study something similar to mbbs that would qualify me to work as a surgeon? thanks in advance.

First check whether your degree from Cairo is recognized in where you want to study. Health industry is heavily regulated. Once you can qualify as a pharmacist, you could then perhaps apply if not do a Master and then apply to medicine.

abod

Lurker
There are a few grad entry programs around Australia. Have a look at our guides here on MSO for all the requirements for the different universities :)

ok, thank you.

First check whether your degree from Cairo is recognized in where you want to study. Health industry is heavily regulated. Once you can qualify as a pharmacist, you could then perhaps apply if not do a Master and then apply to medicine.

Wouldn't Cairo university be recognized in Australian universities?
Any idea how many years of study are the graduate medicine programs? Do i qualify as an MD after I am done with it? Thanks for the help.

Nokia123

ok, thank you.

Wouldn't Cairo university be recognized in Australian universities?
Any idea how many years of study are the graduate medicine programs? Do i qualify as an MD after I am done with it? Thanks for the help.

I have no idea whether it is recognized. Since it's a foreign university to Australia, you should get a direct answer from the university you want to apply to. Graduate Medicine is 4 years. Doesn't matter whether it is MD MBBS MB CHB. Once degree is completed. You're a Medical Doctor.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads