Commercial UCAT Preparation Resources

Discussion in 'UCAT' started by geek, Oct 1, 2018.

1. liha

liha New Member

2. liha

liha New Member

I think the first book is worth it
    [​IMG]

3. liha

liha New Member

4. DDS

DDS New Member

Hey guys, I've purchased the 8 months Medify package, been using it for about a month now and I would say it's definitely worth the money (the question bank is huge and there're also detailed explanations for each question, highly recommend trying it out!!). But one thing I've noticed is that it doesn't go too deep into teaching you the techniques and reliable shortcuts for improving efficiency and accuracy. I'm just wondering if anyone have bought or would recommend any other resources that focus on teaching techniques. I'm looking into Medic Mind as their free Youtube tutorials seem quiet appealing to me. Can someone pls offer me some suggestions??? Thanks :)

geek, drpkjr and Lyyrre like this.
  5. Lyyrre

Lyyrre Griffith Med Sci.

To my understanding, the two more popular resources are the "Get into Medical School ISC 1250 UCAT Question" book and "Medify" website. ISC for more difficult questions to make the actual exam feel easier, Medify I've heard replicates the exam pretty well but isn't too great on their abstract reasoning (not sure, I might be wrong here). I've also heard that KAPLAN 1500 Questions is quite good, but some aspects may be out of date. I'm sitting (resitting?) UCAT next year and mostly just going through all the resources on the official website to familiarise with the content before going onto third party content, to be more aware of where the third party content is lacking or inaccurate compared to the official resources.

I would probably avoid any Australian third parties atm, Medentry rewording UMAT to UCAT is especially unappealing and doesn't look too trustworthy.

DDS, LMG!, geek and 1 other person like this.