Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Course transfer from RMIT to JCU

perthmale

The non-standard entry to JCU Medicine is very competitive. You obviously are good at chemistry and seems odd to transfer to JCU Pharmacy, just to get into JCU medicine, as there is not guaranteed pathway for JCU students into medicine, they are considered alongside other external non-standard applicants, for roughly 15 places. Better off to sit Gamsat and apply that way.

perthmale

Thanks for the reply @perthmale . I was just thinking that if I did move to JCU for Pharm, it would provide me with a lot of opportunities to study at the uni, see how it's like, how they implement their vision and values of tropical and rural health into their courses, which ultimately may provide me with some insight on how the medicine course there may work (ideas of which I can use to further fuel/back up my desire for JCU Med).

I know it is extremely competitive and that there is no guaranteed pathway/entry scheme and I do thoroughly understand your point of simply sitting the GAMSAT (which I will be)

I just think that I will be better off studying JCU Pharm and feel it will somehow impact my chances of getting into JCU Med. Do you think my justifications/reasons are valid? I'd like to hear :)

Thanks for the help~

Not a problem, happy to respond. Well the first issue is how much credit JCU Pharm gives you for what you have completed already, and then how much of a step backwards are you willing to take. In relation to the rural/tropical aspect, you do not need to go to JCU to be able to see how it is implemented in their medical course, as it is basically planted all over their webpages, they are designated a rural area, and practicals are in rural locations. If you have a look at JCU Medicine, non-standards, you will see from MSO that some students not from JCU have got in, and basically there is only 15 places or so. Why transfer/ why not apply for JCU medicine if you GPA is decent enough.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads