Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU 2018

Hey guys! I just accepted my first round offer through UAC for dentistry at CSU!!!
I was wondering if I could get in touch with any of you that had also :)

minie was 99.6 umat 91 no offer

Hey! I was a non-standard applicant so my GPA was around 5.7 and my UMAT was 89. I’ve had a bit of experience dental assisting though, so that might’ve assisted me during my interview.
How do you think your interview went?

ed88

Anyone know when second rounds offers come through or if they've finished handing out first round offers? 98 umat and I thought the interview went well so a bit devastated

Ironaut

Lurker
Hey! I was a non-standard applicant so my GPA was around 5.7 and my UMAT was 89. I’ve had a bit of experience dental assisting though, so that might’ve assisted me during my interview.
How do you think your interview went?
I think i went ok except in the ethical scenario where one of the interviewers asked a follow up question about what to do if the patient/ customer was not paying - I said speak to patient first and if they dont listen - CALL THE COPS:lol:. And the interviewer was like o_O. I didnt manage to finish the problem solving thing either, I dont think it is possible to do in 3 mins though, I guess they are just testing how u approach the problem more than whether u actually solved the problem

I think i went ok except in the ethical scenario where one of the interviewers asked a follow up question about what to do if the patient/ customer was not paying - I said speak to patient first and if they dont listen - CALL THE COPS:lol:. And the interviewer was like o_O. I didnt manage to finish the problem solving thing either, I dont think it is possible to do in 3 mins though, I guess they are just testing how u approach the problem more than whether u actually solved the problem

Oh my HAHA, I really hope they understood the joke :eek:
Oh yeah the problem solving! They didn’t give me a time limit, so I just kept at it. Eventually after about 5 min I looked up and was like “do I have a time limit for this” and they all laughed and told me I gave it a good shot. They also said most people don’t finish it anyway, so they defs are just looking at how you approach it!

AA1121

Thanks! Yes, I did. They were very helpful.
Congrats!
I was just wondering was your interview in the week of the 14th or afterwards? I contacted the university two days ago and was told that they were unsure when offers will be out

Yulia

Congrats!
I was just wondering was your interview in the week of the 14th or afterwards? I contacted the university two days ago and was told that they were unsure when offers will be out

Thanks! It was the week of 21st. I'm not too sure why they would say that, although I did receive their response a bit later than expected.