Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU Clinical Science 2013

ToothDecay

anyone here doing Clinical Science in CSU this year?

like 80% of the intake, i would like to transfer into Dental Science or Dentistry after one year (ANYWHERE - but CSU preferably since i made the trek out here lol)

good luck to all of us.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
anyone here doing Clinical Science in CSU this year?

like 80% of the intake, i would like to transfer into Dental Science or Dentistry after one year (ANYWHERE - but CSU preferably since i made the trek out here lol)

good luck to all of us.

Enjoy O-week :) I will probably see you around :)

ToothDecay

hi Hutcherson! thanks for the reply. settling in well so far - had first library study session today to get in the mood lol :) just trying to apply myself for the rest of the year really. the academic staff are friendly and encouraging. O-week has been accommodating and fun so far. the campus has a nice feel to it - so far so good! what stage of the dent program are you in? would be nice to meet up. i am talking to as many new and old dental science students as i can to get a feel for their past experiences and individual backgrounds..basically trying to find out what might have made them successful in gaining entry to CSU!
some of them are telling me about skills that i can only aspire to..like having work experience with 10 different dentists..or being a professional sculptor..or playing piano..or having completed 2 different degrees before joining CSU.

i don't have such a unique history - but will be giving everything a proper go this year to at least make some history. don't want any regrets at the end of the year!

ToothDecay

hutherson hi i just tried to reply to your message but then the forum wouldn't let me as i have not made enough posts on MSO yet to reply to a PM! lost my entire message! grrr
just wanted to say that anytime that is convenient for you is probably fine with me. i know that dental science students have been studying for exams so don't want to disturb :) i am an early riser and late sleeper these days, so you pick a time date and location and can go from there. if you pm me an address of yours seperate to MSO, i can message you my personal details there :)

mighty

some of them are telling me about skills that i can only aspire to..like having work experience with 10 different dentists..or being a professional sculptor..or playing piano..or having completed 2 different degrees before joining CSU.

i don't have such a unique history - but will be giving everything a proper go this year to at least make some history. don't want any regrets at the end of the year!
Hah don't worry about it.. truly! The only "hand-eye coordination" stuff I'd done was computer gaming hahaha and I did fine last year so don't stress. Not everyone has that kind of experience so don't let it stress you out. It can't hurt, of course, to have done some of that stuff but it's definitely not a requirement. Try needlework or something :)

ToothDecay

Hah don't worry about it.. truly! The only "hand-eye coordination" stuff I'd done was computer gaming hahaha and I did fine last year so don't stress. Not everyone has that kind of experience so don't let it stress you out. It can't hurt, of course, to have done some of that stuff but it's definitely not a requirement. Try needlework or something :)

funny how you mention needlework.. cos i'm currently trying to learn how to cross stich a pattern onto my iphone case lol

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads