CSU Dentistry 2019 offers/acceptances

Discussion in 'Charles Sturt University' started by bch.Sarah, Aug 5, 2018.

1. LMG!

LMG! UTAS MBBS II Moderator

Clinical Psychologist
    We have had confirmation that someone with CSU as their 5th preference in UAC received an offer yesterday, so no, despite what some people appear to have been told, this did not end up being the case.

CSU will definitely be offering top ups. We already know of one person who got an offer that they have rejected, and multiple others who have received offers but are hoping for Med (or Dent elsewhere) in Jan.

Kaw8 likes this.
  2. ___

___ New Member

The dental science graduate I spoke with after the interview said that they usually end up giving offers until late February, and that last year they went up to the 80th ranked candidate, or something like that.

Kaw8 likes this.
  3. Kaw8

Kaw8 New Member

Insightful, thanks!

4. Go-go

Go-go New Member

Are there any current CSU dental students who could help me understand the meal plans offered for on campus accommodation? The website is a bit vague, so we only get the option for cheers 3 or 5 and what I understand is that these options aren't really a meal plan, not with a set breakfast, lunch and dinner but that we get $30 or $50 of flexi points per week to use at on campus outlets. How is this considered a meal plan? The only outlet on the Orange campus is Banjos and it appears to close before dinner, so how do students who live on campus (and without access to cars) get dinner? I'm not too worried as I will have a car but I'm curious as to the setup and wondering if its worth it to go for the cheers 3 or cheers 5 option.

5. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    Listed under the one heading Meal Plan but the Cheers 3/5 have no meals, intended mainly for lunch/drinks. You need to buy the ones with 5/9/12 per week included if you want meals.

The Cheers 3 costs $868 for $870 worth of points so you can just use cash/card instead. Probably only used by parents who don't want you to use it to buy beers :)

6. Go-go

Go-go New Member

That's why I'm confused though as I only have the cheers 3 or cheers 5 options, no option for meal plans. I'm unable to access the accommodation page for some reason so maybe because of that I can't see the meal plan options. I'll just give them a call on Monday. Thank you.

Also I'm paying for it all myself so no parents to worry about :).

A1 replies: See the full list here > Meals and catering - Accommodation

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
  7. parsons

parsons New Member

Do these later offers come at random times or are they sent out in later UAC rounds? Just wanted to know cause i did the CSU interview and didnt get an offer yesterday

8. ___

___ New Member

The graduate said someone was offered during O week last year, so they must just do offers randomly in the later stages?

9. A1

UWA MD
    Could someone with a CSU offer with CSU at #1 pref please confirm:
    - did you receive the offer email from UAC or CSU or one each?
    - log into your UAC application see what status is showing for your CSU pref. Thanks

10. 1234med

1234med New Member

1 UAC at 5.04am. No email from CSU.
    2 Sorry, hope someone else can help. Didn't check before declining, but now UAC says "eligible- subject to being competitive". It was Pref #1, and I've since moved it down.

A1 likes this.
  11. A1

UWA MD
    Strange that the offer email came from UAC and they sent it to one even with CSU at #5 pref. Also UAC hasn't bothered to upgrade the status to "Offer made".

It appears UAC treats these Dec early offers as an informal round, not applying strictly the rules on preferences.

12. 1234med

1234med New Member

Exactly, bit of a mystery. I'm not sure if UAC said "offer made" before I moved CSU down the preference list though. I didn't check

13. Aislinnl

Aislinnl New Member

Just had a look, since I haven't moved my preferences yet, CSU is my first preference and I can confirm its status is "Eligible - subject to being competitive." despite receiving an offer.

A1 likes this.
  14. parsons

parsons New Member

Oh alright yeh makes sense. I'm pretty worried ahah really really want to make csu dent.

15. lara791

lara791 New Member

hey everyone, I got an offer to study dent at CSU. Is anyone gonna be staying at narrambla undergrad?

1. I received an email from UAC at 5:04 am 6/12 but nothing from the university itself not until I accepted the offer
    2. my UAC says 'Eligible - subject to being competitive' even thought I accepted the offer
    also I was told that we would receive a letter in the mail did anyone get one?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2018 at 9:54 PM
    A1 likes this.