Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU Dentistry 2019 offers/acceptances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon07

Lurker
Hey Pal, I honestly wouldn't know how many current CSU students transferred from their previous courses to dentistry, probably just a couple of students (mainly from the clinical/medical science and oral health degrees I'd imagine). At the moment, for current CSU students to get an interview for dentistry, you do not need to sit UMAT and you'd need a gpa of 5.5 from your study at CSU (and >90 atar equivalent/5.5 gpa from previous study if this was your first year at CSU).

I don't know whether getting 5.5 gpa is a guarantee of an interview or simply the minimum to be considered. You could also sit UMAT anyway as a current CSU student and apply that way if you wanted to. Oh, and I was a physio student previously

Keep your chin up, it's still early days! Last year there were a handful of students who were given an offer barely a week before classes started.

Hello again Simon, you probably don't know this one but do you think it wpuld matter if I studied at the Wagga campus instead of Orange as I just recieved an offer for Bachelor of medical science at Wagga.

Simon07

Lurker
It shouldn't make a difference as to which campus you study at, as long as you're a CSU student. Again, I want to mention that there's no guarantee that the special consideration for current CSU students would still apply next year (or in the coming years).

Omm

BDSc BSc(HONS) PGradDip Ortho (UK)
Congrats to all those who have been accepted. Good luck to those waiting.

So I have accepted an offer for clinical science at Orange and was looking at yhe accommodation on campus is the spring creek village also on campus at Orange? It lists it online but I don't remember seeing it or hearing it mentioned on the tour. Thanks everyone.

I'm in! So excited will be arriving on Tuesday to move in. Does anyone know if there are any special O week gatherings for the dentistry students. I still can't get on to my timetable yet.

Harym93

I’m not sure if they’ve changed it at all, but when I accepted I had to pay the first semester tuition to secure my spot in the class

I’m a Student from Canada who is planning on applying to CSU, if one of you can be so kind and message me directly, I had some questions regarding the resume and personal statement.
Thanks

Harym93

I got a reply back from Griffith I didn't get in, but that was a few months back. Adelaide I didn't apply to, fingers crossed for the both of us for JCU, I've heard many good things about it.

what was your gpa if you don’t mind me asking

Omm

BDSc BSc(HONS) PGradDip Ortho (UK)
I'm in! So excited will be arriving on Tuesday to move in. Does anyone know if there are any special O week gatherings for the dentistry students. I still can't get on to my timetable yet.
O week activitiy stuff will be given to you by your residential advisor (RA). During the day most stuff is course related (so with your class mates). Outside uni hours is when residential O week stuff happens - so mixing between courses. Have fun!

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
what was your gpa if you don’t mind me asking

Hey Harym93 - saw your post here too. Saane hasn't been on since 2018 but 6.875+ is a good goal for non-standard GU entry though 6.75 has made the cut occasionally too. These are domestic applicants, since you're applying from Canada it's probably less competitive for you (I'd imagine at least).

O week activitiy stuff will be given to you by your residential advisor (RA). During the day most stuff is course related (so with your class mates). Outside uni hours is when residential O week stuff happens - so mixing between courses. Have fun!

Hey, i'm moving from interstate and wondering how necessary is attending O week? Is it compulsory or can I get away with not going?

A1

Rookie Doc
Hey, i'm moving from interstate and wondering how necessary is attending O week? Is it compulsory or can I get away with not going?

Some students are given top-up offers 1-2 weeks into the semester, obviously missing O-week and they still pass the year okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.